Squad Leader

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benny Manieri:

What a friggin nut.....

Jesus, all I'm saying is I hate ****ty graphics, slow and stupid game play, and moronic redundance throughout all these hex-base games.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, there are a few people, whom I will call the "unbannables" that just cannot handle any form of adult discussion, which is sad, because they likely are the most in need of human contact which the Internet allows. Loki's point is well made. I still, from time to time, will play basic first box Squad Leader, scenario 1 (the Tractor Works) written before your parents were probably out of middle school and still an excellent game, hexes and all. If Squad Leader (and for that matter Tactics II) had never existed, CM would have never come about.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benny Manieri:

I'm not a grognard by any stretch of the imagination. I find tactical wargaming, dull, dry and unexciting. However, I found that rare gem that appealed to me, Combat Mission. Just because I hate hex games doesn't mean I'm stupid.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason I called what you said stupid, (not necessarily you, but the words you spoke) was, that you insinuated that anyone who plays these types of games likes "slow and stupid gameplay". These games don't have stupid gameplay, and as Loki said they were the only thing that was around before computers could handle these high graphics on such a large scale. Sure, they might not be as actioned packed as CM, but, that doesn't mean that they, and anyone that enjoys playing them should be rudely trashed.

GEEEZ!! It appears that there is an even more obnoxious member amongst us besides myself. wink.gif

It appears that Benny Manieri (he ain't the same as ol' Capt. Manieri is he?) lacks the maturity to take in what people try to calmly explain to him.

Well guess what, Benny, all of us "wargamers" have grown up playing hex-based wargames. We were quite adjusted to the media. I believe you are missing the point with CM. Do not compare CM to a FPS or other 3D RTS just because CM is in 3D. CM is first and foremost, a wargame which spawned from a project of tranferring the original Avalon Hill game "Squad Leader" (ironically) to the computer. The truth of the matter is that BTS and Avalon Hill were working together in this project, but then Avalon Hill got bought up by this now wonderful <cough> company called Has-BLOW aka Hasbro. BTS then chose to continue the project in their own way and came up with CM.

So do your Italian ass a favor and chill out.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-07-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

Jesus...this Manieri guy's a riot! Keep'em coming!

laugh!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luckily we won't ever hear anymore from him as BTS has finally seen fit to ban his

little ass once and for all.

Bye bye Benny boy. You won't be missed.

Way to go BTS. I guess we can get back to intelligent discussions.

I know its childish, but I gotta say it.

Bye-Bye Benny, its your bed time.

Now has anyone got a better use for the computerized version of Squad Leader besides using it to keep the beer off the desk?

I was actually disapointed about the bad review. Lots o' people on this board have brought up their enjoyment of ASL, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity for me to check it out too...apparantly ASL and Squad Leader from Hasbro have as much in common as a Sherman does to a potted plant

Guest Big Time Software

OK, as most of you will understand our reasons... I'm locking this one up.

For those of you who don't... we like to move along after such an incident. What needed to be done was done, now it is time to get back to it.

Steve