Map possability & my coolest scenario.

Hy,

First to the scenario, I think Chenoux is a blast ( literally) when you play the Allies first time you wonder how you will ever win.

My worst scenario is Last Stand Danesburg, Pershings get eaten by Pz IV's !!

To the map issue:

It is a lot of work making maps, the bigger the map the harder it is.

In CM 2 and beyond it would be good to be able to copy maps from a battle or campaign. Even some CM 1 maps it would just be so neat to be able to do that.

I was just wondering if it is possible, the only other way would be to have a map repository where designers put maps before forces were allocated.

I really think we should look into this as good maps deserve to be used over and over...

Any comments ..>

eric

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I would love to save maps that the computer makes, in fact, out of about half the games I've played which is about 10, I would have to say that 4-5 were very well designed...by the computer.

I've tried making my own and I can't believe how hard it is to get it to where it looks good. If you don't have the elevations just right or the buildings a certain way, your map will look a little strange. Even though you may see what you want in your mind's eye, it's harder than hell to get it down on that editor to where it looks the same. Thank god for that button that allows you to whip up a QB while in the editor so you don't have to start from scratch. I find it's much easier to just start with that and then work from there.

Here's hoping that in CMBB, we will have the power to save maps that the computer generates in our games. I've already lost some great ones in my past battles that were definite keepers.

I gotta say, this is an awesome game but it's quite possible that the Quick Battle is the best option of the game. Where would we be without the computer making us these great maps time and time again...

Cauldron, not to dampen your enthusiasm, but the best place to discuss scenarios is the Scenario board. It is also more likely to get you answers to the questions about Ops you posted here earlier, since I believe it is frequented by people more interested in scenarios than the chit-chat that often happens here.

Cauldren, I designed Last Stand Dalsenburg, did you like the map(though it may be a diffecult scenario) Also where did you get the scenario from? If you got it from manx I have an updated version for you if you want it. The one at manxes is 1 I have 1.12 if you want it.n I try very hard on my maps and put alot of effort into them. A have about 17 scenarios to my name now and only 1 is auto generated (My very first scenario Dansengarten) I have had the game since November and didnt start keeping the scenarios I made until May, It took forever for me to like the maps and it takes hours perfecting them but they are fun to make.

-Fieldmarshall

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]