just ordered bundle pack

I just ordered the bundle pack and can't wait to play. I just have one question...should I play cmbo first and then head on to cmbb? I was considering loaning one to my buddy in order to get him hooked on it as well. Anyway, can't wait to play some of you! Sorry one last thing...how indepth is the manual for both games?

i ordered the bundle and started with cmbo

i figured i might as well start at the beginning

and i was afraid if i jumped into cmbb i might not fire up cmbo

the manuals for both are lengthy and cover all aspects of the game as well as you could expect a manual to do

naturally you have to just flat out play them for much of it to make sense, so you'll probably refer back over and over at first as you play

start up some games against the AI to get the hang of it - then come on back here and let us know when you want to play against a human and we'll have at it (cmbo or cmbb - although i'll admit to being a total neophyte myself on cmbb, i only loaded it up last week after playing cmbo exlusively for the last 4 or 5 months)

Thanks for the info guys. The good news is that the game arrived today! Even better is that it's my day off! I've finished reading the manual and am getting ready to patch up and attempt the tutorial. I did notice that there's not a chart listing troop stats in the book. Is there a chart somewhere online?

On your first question, I would say that you should definetly start with CMBO unless you have a lot of experience with other wargames. I realy mean a lot, I played CMBO for 2 years, a lot smile.gif , then I switched to CMBB. It was so much more difficult, that I sold it on Ebay. Going back to CMBO I found it quite simple, some even call CMBO the action version of the CM series. So in the end I bought CMBB on Ebay and I'm very happy with it. If you don't want to be too frustrated start with CMBO. You can even upgrade the looks of it by downloading mods that improve the graphics a lot. Just search for mods here in this forum.

You can find a unit database following this link:

http://users.erols.com/chare/cm/

There are to versions, one for CMBO and one for CMBB. The person who did this is definetly an angel, for CMBO players at least, or has way to much time :D .

I hope this helps you to get started.

I started with cmbo last night and I really like it. Although I've lost the tutorial twice now (due to my tanks both being ko'd by turn 5) I still think it's a lot of fun. I've also installed both of mad dogs packs. Makes the game look really good.