AutoSave Does Not Autosave ALL

Just FYI it does not always save all orders entered. My opp had finished and I was nearly done. I had done some critical orders such as re deploying troops and Arty calls.

I was dropped and my Opp reloaded from Auto Save. I was not allowed to complete my orders.

Oh well I thought at least the majority had been done.

Well Odding Hell no orders had been remembered, I have lost quite a few arty rounds which I had ordered not to fire and my urgent redepoly did not happen.

I am not a happy bunny and want to let people know that the Autosave does not always save both sides of the story.

BTS is this considered a bug?

Guest Madmatt

Not a bug, the info for your orders is not sent to the other player until you hit GO. When you lose connection a good rule of thumb is to reload the autosave from the player that HASNT pushed GO yet, it should have the most amount of orders saved.

We do it this way to keep the transmission times down, data for orders (autosaves) is only sent when the GO button is pressed.

Madmatt

Thanks Matt,

I had made the wrong assumption that the other player would have had the most saved.

Thinking about it after a good nights sleep, it makes sense.

This is a very useful thing to know and once bitten once I now know how to try and avoid this most unpleasent situation.

Cheers

H