Modding Choices?

I just got the bundle of both CMBO AND CMBB, one looks much better than the other, but i here that a fully modded CMBO looks almost as good, but when i went to www.CMMODS.COM there are like a gazillion mods available, which ones should i use, is there a single mod that improves many things or do i need to change the graphics for each item one at a time?

Well yes and no. I would suggest that you go here: http://www.combatmission.com/ and download the two MDMP's # 1 and # 2. This will improve a lot of the game but it's really only the beginning as you will soon see. There are so many individual mods you will see and just have to have, but it is a beginning. Of course you will also have to decide if you want to load CMMOS or not. You can read about this at the same site. Well good luck on trying to deciding what you are going to do but what I would do is simply play and learn the game while downloading what you want little by little. It's really too overwhelming.

Oh and you might want to take a look at this site;

http://www.cmoutpost.net/

but then again it'll just make your deciding that much harder. Excellent and one of the most useful sites for mods and where they are. Enjoy the games and see you around and welcome to this forum. You will soon enjoy reading and talking on this forum as much as you will the games.

Hello, Im sort of a newb too. And here's my mod story: tongue.gif

I was apprehensive about the mods at first but I applied MDMPs from combatmission.com - it made the game look prety nice - but I still wasnt happy with the look.

I didnt want to do it out of some stupid fear of change, but I set up CMMOS and downloaded everything the latter site had to offer for this. The vehicles and uniforms are absolutely stunning. I can recreate clashes between various unique Heer formations with uniquely 'dressed' Allied formations.

I also downloaded Tom's winter mod and a relevant building mod (cant remember the name but its there at cm.com) - this is a must have, it makes the winter scenarios look amazing.

So dont hesitate, download now and enter a world of zen like wargaming bliss.

That's the way to do it, von Khan. smile.gif A fully modded CMBO is a wonderful site to see and using CMMOS, you can even customize so that each battle looks different.

I can't imagine running CMBO with the default graphics anymore. My advice to everyone new to CMBO is to take the time to mod it. You won't regret it.

Hi,

I am new to the game as well. Downloading all the CMMOS mods is a big ask, a good long term project.

If you only have a 56K modem like me it will be a big job. Try to find someone with a unix box and cable modem so you can down load a whole site overnight or so.

In the mean time I also applied Mad Matts 2 packs, & replacement sky pack by Der Unbekannte Jager from Combat Mission HQ.

I then downloaded from CM Mods the small arms mod by Juju and his explosions for CMBB which also work for CMBO, the Hi Res faces by ?, and gridded grass and snow by Strontium Dog. Some people will question the gridded grass, but is good when starting out and you can always get rid of it later if you want. I have yet to find a decent muzzle flash.

But you are correct, you could easily spend more on downloads than you did for the game.

Cheers markl