Accuracy while firing on the move in CMBB!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username:

Noooooo.

I think it isnt any better than any other vehicle IN THE GAME. And, it is up to YOU to prove otherwise if you want it changed somehow.

So wheres the proof? Evans said so? Any numbers? stats?

Lewis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, you have it backwards. I said it was modeled just fine, that the only reason it dies so often is because we employ it in an ahistorical manner when it was often used outside the context of the game, and that it, as currently modelled, makes a good high point yard stick for firing on the move, possibly changing some aspects of experience and shooting.

You wanted to remove its ability to fire on the move and did not like the idea that it is currently by game tests one of the better shots for tanks without gyros. That means you need proof.

For a good historical read on M18s in battle, read Tank Tactics-Jarymowcz pg 235-236.

This is an excellant read, unlike the garbage here, and I recommend it to everyone who likes CMBO. The book details the McNair insanity that was going on too. He was responsible for the TD doctrine being rammed down the US Armys throat. He was also responsible for denying the US Army of a heavy tank. McNair also rejected US building of Fireflys!

In an act of frontlines air support, the US Airforce did the Army a favor and blew this 3 star moron to pieces in a bombing error.

The book is ewell researched and has lots of refs. Enjoy.

Since Germanboy specifically asked that we keep this about CMBB. I dont see the point in discussing the M18 any further. It wasnt on the eastern front and it isnt a yardstick there.

Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username:

For a good historical read on M18s in battle, read Tank Tactics-Jarymowcz pg 235-236.

This is an excellant read, unlike the garbage here,

Lewis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lewis, don't be so hard on yourself. I found your post that I quoted quite lucid. Not everything you posted was garbage, some of it was quite good.

As to firing on the move, the issue involved the variables I listed earlier, anymore Andreas?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Nope, you have it backwards. I said it was modeled just fine, that the only reason it dies so often is because we employ it in an ahistorical manner when it was often used outside the context of the game, and that it, as currently modelled, makes a good high point yard stick for firing on the move, possibly changing some aspects of experience and shooting.

You wanted to remove its ability to fire on the move and did not like the idea that it is currently by game tests one of the better shots for tanks without gyros. That means you need proof.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The silence is defeaning on this one.

Lewis. I suggest we both climb down. You hate me and my method of using historical fact and research in arguments, I am disturbed that you alway have to turn every thread into a flame war by attacking people's personailities, looks, intellect, spelling, whatever. Great -- lets just drop this mutual hatred and try to discuss things like adults. I cannot get you to read and respond to my posts -- fine, that is cool, but since this board has no blocking mechanism or kill file may I suggest that we try and comport ourselves in a more rational manner.

My point on the M-18 was that it makes a good yard stick against which to measure a slew of new tanks. Perhaps you should argue that a different yard stick if you hate the M-18 so much. I only chose it because it was the best in CM and was considered the best TD in WW2, especially for hit and run tactics. If you choose an alternate, I would agree if it even slightly met the requirements of being a fast tracked CM vehicle with no gyros and higher ROF / faster turret.

Thanks for helping me put this whole thing to rest. There is no need to drag this thing through every thread because it just drives good posters like Germanboy to other forums.

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: Slapdragon ]