A suggestion to all

There is no doubt for me that COMBAT MISSION

is one of the greatest game simulation in this gender. What i would like to suggest and also have some feed back about from all the gamers and the CM developers is how about this idea; using the same game engine and features of CM having a simulation recreating the AMERICAN CIVIL WAR.

Could it be done?,Is it a good idea for a future project?.

Thanks.

All we can do is hope that other developers realize just how far behind they are. Maybe they'll try to counter act by plugging other theaters of war with the perfection of Combat Mission in mind. Or perhaps BTS will grow into a trillion dollar business like Microsoft, and crush all peon opposition! -HaaHAAAaaHAaaaaa

For now try Sid Meier's "Gettysburg" and "Antietam" my friend. Gettysburg being the first of the two was ahead of its time, and made a new step in strategy war gaming. This was some time ago though, and they are now both a bit dated.

http://www.firaxis.com/

-Head

------------------

"No man ever won a war by dieing for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Does anyone have any imformation on "Waterloo" by Breakaway games ?

http://www.breakawaygames.com/waterloo.htm

This game is to be based on the engine from Sid Meier's "Gettysburg" and "Antietam". The last news on the web site is over 6 months old. Did the game get cancelled or....?

[This message has been edited by Private Pike (edited 02-07-2001).]

Originally posted by Head Mahone:

All we can do is hope that other developers realize just how far behind they are.

It probably won't take long before we'll see the next 3D WWII wargame.

Better graphics with big purple explosions. Real time. No AI.

[This message has been edited by Jarmo (edited 02-07-2001).]

Originally posted by carmageddon:

is one of the greatest game simulation in this gender. What i would like to suggest and also have some feed back about from all the gamers and the CM developers is how about this idea; using the same game engine and features of CM having a simulation recreating the AMERICAN CIVIL WAR.

Could it be done?,Is it a good idea for a future project?.

Thanks.

I did a US Civil War uniform mod as a lark - others have as well - it struck me, watching a whole line of blue clad infantry, just how cool it would be to have a Civil War game in this format. With all the mod artists out there, and the reference by Don Troiani (sp?) et al, you could really come up with something great looking.

I think the basic game system, with modification of course, could be applied to many different conflicts, including imaginary ones (SF, fantasy, etc.). As much as WWII interests me, I hope we'll see other conflicts portrayed with a game system like CM's.

------------------

New to Combat Mission?

Visit CM Boot Camp at Combat Missions for tips.

Does anyone have any imformation on "Waterloo" by Breakaway games ?

Waterloo isn't dead, in fact, it's well on track for release "real soon now." I have a late beta build that is missing only the historical briefings, manual and help files, and stuff like that, but which is otherwise working.

It's very much like Gettysburg and Antietam using the same game system. With modifications, of course, for Napoleonic combat.

Originally posted by carmageddon:

is one of the greatest game simulation in this gender

What gender? Is CM female? Maybe that's why it causes much tension and gnashing and teeth, and is so addictive at the same time.