Why no Gamespy support?

For those that don't know, Gamespy is an online multiplayer matching service with chat lobbies and game lobbies. I'm wondering if BTS/bfront looked into what it would cost to get the game supported there? While an online chat/game lobby is not that conducive for CM due to game length, I think that just having a presence on a major game network would bring in a lot more sales and make the game known to a much wider audience.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

And because, I at least, hope that CMBO is above GameSpy, the IGZ and other such services.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I don't understand what you mean here. CMBO is "too good" for the service itself, or for the people who play there? If it's the former, what is wrong with having a mainstream gaming service carrying the game? Maybe you would get some more good opponents to play.

If it's the latter, I respectfully submit that elitist attitudes like that are a big part of what is killing (killed?) wargaming. If you didn't know, it IS possible to like CMBO and also enjoy playing "clickfest" games.