A question, a comment, perhaps all gobbledygook.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

AV's not GB

I think you've forgotten (or repressed smile.gif) how illiterate and, well...spastic...GB was. AV has mastered the compound sentence and the comma, which GB could never quite master. I don't think that GB would use a sig from Blake, either.

I also get the impression that AV has played the game, which was never the case with GB.

The posts are different, too. The "tiger tank crews" thread was productive, and I found the 2" mortar comment to be funny.

GBs posts were things like how CM would be better if BTS sold out to MS (!), how he was being oppressed, and how CMBB would be worthless if it didn't have dynamic lighting.

The Rommel post was sort of bizarre, but wasn't in GB's style at all: GB would never claim to have a gay latino lover; GBs style was more along the lines of calling everyone who disagreed with him (i.e., everyone) gay. (There was an extensive "Fionn! That's a girl's name!" conversation on usenet).

So AV isn't GB. Also, he apologized, which denies him GBhood right there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Andrew, not much of an apology but you are right on that one at least. And GB is not able to spell have the words there.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

'have'? Heh, if yer gonna complane abut speling, at least spell rite yorself slaps.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me complain? Could care less. Just like I can care less about a person's finger prints. Just useful for identification you know.

In fact, I believe that spelling is optional in the Internet. With no spell checker, hand checking takes time. Why waste time?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Me complain? Could care less. Just like I can care less about a person's finger prints. Just useful for identification you know.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but...err...hmm...you got me there.

Okay, as punishment for your always being right I challenge you to a game of CM. Pls refer to the peng challenged thread for official documentation. Consider this a warrant served.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

AV's not GB

I think you've forgotten (or repressed smile.gif) how illiterate and, well...spastic...GB was. AV has mastered the compound sentence and the comma, which GB could never quite master. I don't think that GB would use a sig from Blake, either.

I also get the impression that AV has played the game, which was never the case with GB.

The posts are different, too. The "tiger tank crews" thread was productive, and I found the 2" mortar comment to be funny.

GBs posts were things like how CM would be better if BTS sold out to MS (!), how he was being oppressed, and how CMBB would be worthless if it didn't have dynamic lighting.

The Rommel post was sort of bizarre, but wasn't in GB's style at all: GB would never claim to have a gay latino lover; GBs style was more along the lines of calling everyone who disagreed with him (i.e., everyone) gay. (There was an extensive "Fionn! That's a girl's name!" conversation on usenet).

So AV isn't GB. Also, he apologized, which denies him GBhood right there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So nice of you to come to my aid regardless of the 7.92's that viciously (and effortlessly) found their way through my rib cage.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kirill S.:

Gunny Bunny? Is he a forum legend?

I'm setting out on the search.

The slow search in here makes it even more exciting! :cool:

Finding forum legends is the most fun thing to do for newbies.

Does anyone else like to hunt those legends?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a section of classic threads on The Last Defense, many of which are forum legends.

There is currently a substantial bounty for any more good threads brought in, dead or alive.

Void, I knew all along that you weren't GB. The dead givaway was that you follow up posts in your own threads, while Bunny_in_the_sights_of_my_.22 never did this.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

{snip to get to the important part}

A legitimate poster makes at least one real post in 14. Even Peng.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Slapdragon ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I resent this calumny most vociferously, and with a loud voice too. I do not recall my last legitimate post, and I post several times a week. Take it back Slappy or youse gonna get a whuppin.

Peng

Okay, I am really not interested in who is who or what have you but what I do want to see is a little common courtesy and respect in peoples post.

Guys, please cool it a bit on the aquisations and the "edgy tones" and just relax and share information in a calm and civil manner. If that is too difficult I will be more than happy to show ANYONE, regardless who they may be, the door.

Madmatt