Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I have a quick question concerning updated mods.

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

If you already have the mod, you just apply the update.

If you don't already have the mod you will probably need both.

I suppose it also depends on the mod author as well.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Der Unbekannte Jäger:

If you already have the mod, you just apply the update.

If you don't already have the mod you will probably need both.

I suppose it also depends on the mod author as well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the heads up

I am downloading your sky mod now.

Are the as good as they look???

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

I think that's how most the mods have been in the past. Especially the armor mods that add unit insignia and other features. Somebody else may be a bit more concise on this point however.

So don't take my word for it. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Posted by Shatter:

I am downloading your sky mod now.

Are the as good as they look???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends what your definition of looking good is. biggrin.gif

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

The mod maker usually includes a set of instructions. Tiger's updated Tiger I only changes the road wheels from what I can tell, but he gives you the textures for the whole vehicle. Fernando's updated HTs give you new track and roadwheels for each version of the vehicle and he tells you to just copy those files if you already have the full mod. And DUJ, well, he couldn't be more explicit in his instructions. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter:

If an updated version of a mod is released. Do I need to add the update to the older version of the mod, or just add the update itself???

I appreciate any help<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on the mod author, as GUJ says. My “SdKfz 251 Revised Track Addon” includes just the files needed to update my previous SdKfz 251 mods. It’s a big enough size file (1.29 MB) and I didn’t want to compell people that downloaded the first version mod to download the SadKfz 251 mods again (about 7.6 MB).

If you want to install the updated tracks and roadwheels for the SdKfz 251s then you MUST download and install my previous SdKfz 251 mods first, then install the addon files. They just overwrite the old track files for all versions.

Fernando