Canadian Uniform Reference

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

... my next book <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your next book? Out of curiosity, what are the others? (I didn't see any others on the SP website)

Congratulations, BTW. It must feel great to have it completed!

Regards

JonS

I only wish the title was my idea; it is a beaut.

My first book, to answer the question, was called CANUCK: CLOTHING AND EQUIPPING THE CANADIAN SOLDIER 1939-1945. It was by a different publisher - Pictorial Histories Publishing Company, ironically located in the States. Service Publications used to sell copies but now sell only their own in house titles. You can regularly find CANUCK on ebay; there are a couple of booksellers who put it up for bids on a regular basis.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Welcome back to the board after a month's training sabbatical Michael!

Congrats on your new book. I have found a couple of copies of the CANUCK one floating around here in Stellenbosch, South Africa! Never bothered to check the writer thereof.

Will go back to see if it's still there.

Regards,

Charl Theron

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WineCape:

Welcome back to the board after a month's training sabbatical Michael!

Congrats on your new book. I have found a couple of copies of the CANUCK one floating around here in Stellenbosch, South Africa! Never bothered to check the writer thereof.

Will go back to see if it's still there.

Regards,

Charl Theron<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, good to be back. If you (or anyone else) are serious about obtaining a copy of CANUCK don't spend a lot of money. I usually let them go for wholesale price to friends, etc. which is ten dollars Canadian plus postage (works out to 12 or 15 dollars US in the end). Plus I can sign them if ordered directly from me. Email is in my profile.

Quite frankly, the new book is a little bit better researched and encompasses more detail, though CANUCK does have colour plates and is in a smaller format.