Gun damage on tanks

What's up with tanks receiving damage to main gun armament? It seems like at least one tank takes a gun hit every game. Is this suppossed to be a perforation of the barrel or something else? i have seen relatively light guns 20mm. infilct gun damage on Shermans and Churchills.

I read a post on this forum a few days ago talking about how 20mm (or was it 35mm?) on the Bradley IFV with it's rapid fire was supposed to strike a tank on every possible extrusion, and in effect crippling the tank.

Yes 20mm is capable of damaging the tank's main gun enough to render it useless.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username:

Theres also the turret ring. Rounds could also wedge into the space between the turret and hull. This would jam the turret and make the gun 'fixed'.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have lobbied for the inclusion of a specific hit location to be included in CMBB known as the "turret ring" where that woudl be like a "weak spot" hit, a VERY low chance to hit, BUT one of the consquenses of a turret ring hit that did NOT penetrate would be the the turret would no long rotate. To the best of my knowledge this detail or feature is NOT modeled in CMBO.

Just a Thought

-tom w

Hi Tom!

It just so happens that my opponent in a current game has suffered exactly this type of damage. Just last night, my Churchill VII with HE only was exchanging shots frontally with a broadside Panzer IV at about 80m in the excellent scenario called "Monty's last push" or something like that... Anywhoo, after the Panzer bounces several shells, and my Churchill digging up the ground around the Panzer for an entire turn. At the end of the turn my Churchill got off one more shot before the movie ended. Immediately upon the start of the next movie, the Panzer lost his red targeting indicator to my tank (even though he was definitely in LOS). My opponent is now attempting to withdraw the Panzer away from the battle, but his turret has not budged from the direction it was in during the exchange. The turret is rotated approximately 85 degrees from forward and has been so for the entire turn. He has no targets and has turned tail and making distance between our AFV's... Interesting, to say the least!

Bigmac out!