NCrawler sound mod v1.6

I have the MDMP1 sounds and have downloaded the above mod. Is anyone using it and is it better than MDMP1? There's another sound mod too - from Panzer Leader I think. Any thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 03-20-2001).]

Apache,

Depends upon your sound system of course, but I've been using NCrawler Sound Mod 1.6 since it originally came out and think they're great. It offers several different versions for several sounds. So, although the defaults sound good, you may want to do a little bit more work to see which sound you like the best.

Check out http://www.scipiobase.de/ for some other great sound additions.

Enjoy,

Carl

Actually I use most of NCrawlers gun sounds over the MDMP sounds, however I use the MDMP's MG42 sounds over ANYTHING else because they seem to sound more realistic.

I've tried Scipio's sounds as well, but for some reason they sound too metallic in-game. This seems to a problem with the way the CM engine plays some sounds because this has been a problem in the past with other sound mods. However, Scipio's site does offer some replacement German speech files that are quite interesting, so I'd suggest getting those.

And for Panzer Leader, if you're confused about the NCrawler Sound Mod v1.6, it is on CMHQ and as well as on Tom's Website as small individual downloads according to what they are. Old Dog also came out with a few sound mods as well which contain a few sounds that aren't included in anything else. Those are on CMHQ also.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Thx for that. I prefer the MDMP 42 sounds too - do you know the file numbers so I can copy them back?

Sorry about that Panzer Leader, my mistake, the other sound pack is apparently some converted sounds from Panzer Elite. Not sure how good that is?

Originally posted by Apache:

Thx for that. I prefer the MDMP 42 sounds too - do you know the file numbers so I can copy them back?

I can't recall the numbers right off hand but NCrawler's mod had a sound map readme included so you might want to d/l that to check it out.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-20-2001).]