Okay, I tried DD's hi-rez grass from CMHQ and it's not quite what I am looking for. ISTR someone had a grass mod that was good at indicating the elevation of the ground it was on. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and could direct me to where I could get it, I would be greatly appreciative.

TIA smile.gif

Michael

Now personally, I like DD's as one of the best (to my eye), however I just downloaded some of Gunnergroz's stuff, and I'm currently using Tom's Field Gras "S".

Problem with DD's on my system is that it is taking up too much resource. Tom's Field Gras "S" has a unique look which I like, and is lower in resolution, but is a beta which he is working on but not yet done with. Gunnergroz's grass looks real nice, comes in two flavors, one ten meg file, and one five megger, which I chose the five meg due to wanting to keep down the resource usage since I use every other hi-res mod out there.

It is all in the eye of the beholder, on account of they are all very nicely done, and very realistic. They also all fit differently somewhat with the various terrain mods, so you have to fiddle with seeing what looks best with what.

Anyway, Tom's Field Gras "S" is most promising, and Gunnergroz's Gras looked nice, but I haven't plugged it in just yet. DD's gras is outstanding, and looks wonderful with his terrain (which I use in the main), but again Gunnergroz also has some terrain mods that are most appealing.

Good luck, and also visit:

Der Kessel

and

Tom's Combat Mission HQ

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Oooo, datsch niche! Is that your hi-res scattered tree bases I see down there. Looks different (better), than the screenies I saw over at Kessel. (Maybe I should a hit the full image button). Lemme scurry over there and pic them up also. Thanks Gunnergoz, sorry I mispelled yer handle earlier. Excellant stuff here.

Well, I haven't really done any terrain Mod changes on my game for quite a while. I was very happy with it the way it was. And still am really, except...well... I think I do like that new grass, and...that marsh mod is by for the best I've seen. Is that yours, or...??? The water I might try to. I'd like to share my tree mod prefrences because I still think the ones I am using are nicer than the ones in the photos, but I totally forget whose mods I have now. And as was said earlier, to each his own. Keep us informed as to when the grass is released. Thanks for the nice work, and any hints as to those marsh and water mod.

The elevation delineation in that pic looks good to me, pretty smoothed out and changes in the elevation appear seemless. Like to get me hands on it. Got a question though. I just tired your hi-res tree bases. And on my system, they come out looking on the yellowish side, and not at all like the pics. Wondering what in my system might cause that? Are they subdued?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

snip... I just tired your hi-res tree bases. And on my system, they come out looking on the yellowish side, and not at all like the pics. Wondering what in my system might cause that? Are they subdued?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they the bases from der Kessel? My bases are basically imitating shadows, very dark for thick woods and lighter shades for sparse woods. There isn't much yellow in them at all. Any chance of a screen snap?