new CM website

Well got some good news. There is a new CM website dedicated to the files that will be needed for the desert mod that Clubfoot, Audace, and I have created.

The URL is www.dfdr.net

It is running now but only the intro screen is there. By end of next week the files and scenarios should be there for download.

Please send thanks to Clubfoot for this, he dug into his own pocket to start this site. I owe the man much for helping me end this mod and fixing many of my earlier mistakes and misconceptions. Audace in Italy has worked overtime on adding Italians, well actually redressing Germans, with new uniforms and Italian speech files. His work also includes redressing a few German vehicles so the Italians will armor support. I have "created" around 35 new scenarios. They are based on the famous boardgame whose name cannot be mentioned. They cover battles in Morroco, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, Crete, Sciliy, and Italy.

In time this site will also host other theaters. I am now working on early war French battles, Poland, Norway, and Finland.

Now I do need some help here. I need a modder capable of working up some uniforms. Please drop me an email if interested.

MikeT

desertcmt@home.com

Mike,

*Sigh* I really appreciate if you don't say that in "public". frown.gif

(Below is the "behind-the-scene" of the Chinese sound mod)

I have to suppress my voice during the recording for I am afriad my neighbours may think I am funny -- Hong Kong is a crowded place you know.

My Putungwa is damn horrible. I am sure you can make CDIC ROFLAO if you send a copy to him (spare me!).

I think I am able to fool most non-speakers. tongue.gif

(End of behind-the-scene stuff)

Can't wait to see your DFDR mod coming out.

Oh, sorry, I would like to thank you for all the data files about DFDR some days ago.

Griffin.

Originally posted by MikeT:

BTW, I like the Chinese language files.

MikeT

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Come to my Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

You MUST BE kidding Vice! BTW, you are the first person I find in Taiwan playing CMBO.

About the sound files, talk to MikeT, he owns the "copyright" (or "copyleft" if you like).

Anyway, may be you can do the mod better than I do. MikeT, take note! Hint, hint, hint, hint.

OTOH, please do not put me on the credit, please. Just in case.

Griffin.

Originally posted by Viceroy:

Griffin,

I'd like to hear those "Chinese files" too.

Don't worry, I'll be kind about your Guoyu/Putonghua, as mine is also less than perfect biggrin.gif

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Come to my Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

Griffin, first I am extremely sorry for mentioning the files here. I wasn't aware that it would be a problem for the community to know about them. My apologies. As always I was planning on crediting you when they were used for possible future China CM battles. Now, the files work fine and for a non-Chinese speaking person they will do the job. I honestly don't see why you have a problem with them. Anyway I am sorry.

Viceroy, this is the story. With some help form friends I was able to work up some mods to make the game look like desert ops in North Africa. I am trying to do the same for France, Norway, Poland, Finland in the early war (so far I have around 30 scenarios done). However I also have worked up plans for a Pacific mod. Here is where the files wil come in handy since I would like to do some Japanese versus Chinese battles. I think I have someone to do the Japanese files but I wouldn't mind another source for Chinese langauage files. Would you be interested? I would like to different voices, or more, for possible Nationalist Chinese versus Communist Chinese scenarios. I can send you information on what is required. All you need is a simple microphone since Windows has a sound recorder sorfware built in. Contact me at desercmt@home.com in you are willing to give it a go.

MikeT

MikeT,

No offense taken. May be my shy nature has made you feel uneasy. Or may be I am too demanding to myself. I would apologize for my overreaction.

Vice, I strongly suggest you try, it is not hard, cause my first take took me less than 2 hours to complete. And I would like to hear an authentic speaker too.

Now we have Taiwan vs. Hong Kong on CM, just kidding of course. Haha smile.gif

Griffin.

P.S. I have sent an email to Ed -- yes, the gentleman who wrote the excellent article on CM mod for CGO, about your upcoming DFDR TC and some others mods in the future. I suppose he has launched a military satellite over your web site by now.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Griffin, sounds great and glad to hear to problems. I am extremely grateful for the work you did.

About Ed, you do know that Pascal is a writer for a French magazine that is doing a full page on the mod, pics included. He is going to send me an English translation of the article, but not for me ego of course :)

Viceroy, if you are willing to do the voices please contact either Griffin or myself.

For anyone reading I have a real need for someone that can do uniform bmps. If interested please contact me.

MikeT

MikeT,

I tried emailing you but it was bounced back ...... a problem I've had with other people's email as well recently.

I'll email Griffin and see if that works better. Although I'm not a native speaker of Chinese, my accent is passable. My neighbor was in the KMT army during the Civil war and he has a wonderful Shandong accent (though somewhat creaky due to his advancing years) so he can give me some tips.

Originally posted by MikeT:

Audace in Italy has worked overtime on adding Italians, well actually redressing Germans, with new uniforms and Italian speech files. His work also includes redressing a few German vehicles so the Italians will armor support.

They say that the thinnest book in the Rome library is the one on Italian war heroes of WWII!

.........Just kidding gentleman wink.gif

MikeT and Vice,

I have sent a reply mail to Vice with the English Phrase file prepared by MikeT. Frankly, I have no script when I prepare the mods, just think the phrases I would be able to pronunce and laughed myself a lot when I hear my takes back. biggrin.gif

BTW, if MikeT don't mind and Vice want some laughs and/or want to have a diet, I can send Vice the sound files for reference. tongue.gif

Griffin

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Wait till you see what we have planned next. I already have scenarios for earlier war battles, such as France 1940, and I have been looking at battles based on Russian front scenarios. Got three worked up already.

Clubfoot and I have also talked about the Pacific which I strongly feel is doable. With luck I have a line on a gamer that is working up Japanese files and already have Chinese saved.

MikeT