A good french review for CMBO: bravo les gars!

The french computer magazine PCFun (en français dans le texte biggrin.gif ) finally reviewed CMBO in its March issue (sent them a mail about CMBO *months* ago). It gives CMBO an overall note of 17/20.

Details of the note:

Graphism 15/20

Sound 18/20

Playability 19/20

Interest 19/20

Great, no?

Sig

Edited because I just saw they have put the CMBO demo in the CDs included with the magazine. Another good point.

[This message has been edited by Sig (edited 03-02-2001).]

Originally posted by Magnus:

Hello Sig,

Thanks for the info ! smile.gif

Did the reviewer said a french translation was available ?

Magnus

You will be happy biggrin.gif : yes, he gives the address of Appui-feu. The 2 other addresses he gives are the BTS and de MadMatt.

BTW, the article ends with these two sentences: (ahem...translation mode ON) "...Don't get it wrong: Combat Mission is a real revolution in the wargame category, in multiplayer as well as in solo mode. You must absolutely not miss it!" (translation mode OFF)

Hope last sentence makes sense...sounds weird...must be low on glucose.

Sig

Guest Rex_Bellator

As an ignorant raving English Monty Python fan I hope that any French speakers who might read this thread can help me out.

I often wonder if the excellent French shouts and exclamations I hear in the game realistic or totally over acted? I cannot help but think of the ferocious taunting from The Holy Grail when I hear them smile.gif

------------------

In blossom today

then scattered,

life is so like a delicate flower,

how can one expect the fragrance

to last forever

Vice Admiral Takijiro Ohnishi - Commander Kamikaze Special Attack Force

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

As an ignorant raving English Monty Python fan I hope that any French speakers who might read this thread can help me out.

I often wonder if the excellent French shouts and exclamations I hear in the game realistic or totally over acted? I cannot help but think of the ferocious taunting from The Holy Grail when I hear them smile.gif

No, Rex, they're realistic..., but you Englishmen don't make any difference between "real" French and a parody biggrin.gif

BTW, another French mag (PC Jeux) gives a 81% in its March issue, but the reviewer seems quite inept at anything historical, he even feel compelled to indicate that "there is no construction phase" - LOL ! - and is also somewhat harsh about the graphics, he didn't know of mods..

He also says there is a French version on the Net, but doesn't say where.

For me this review gets a 45% score wink.gif