My Cm just crashed...

Guest Solid Snake

Guest Rob/1

Don't know but I have got pink screens after CM quits.

----------------------------------------------

CM was made on a Mac so don't laugh at them!

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 03-11-2001).]

Considering the lack of details in your post I can only offer a guess.

Would that be a classical VMM error with the VXD on WinMe?

biggrin.gif

Boy if that makes sense to you!!

Anyway, for any such report you can go to the technical forum where things of that persuasion are quarantined.

You should then find your answer if mine wasn't what you expected.

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

There is a tech support forum, http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=8&SUBMIT=Go I'd help you if I could, but I'm on a Mac.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

I know this doesn`t help you, but I have had no problems with CM with either Windows 98 first or second editions - very unusual to get such a solid game as CM! Good luck with identifying the problem, maybe its some device driver issue? Upgrade to the latest video and sound drivers asap or are you using ME?

Originally posted by Rob/1:

Theres anther P.C problem...smacking them again!

Shut up Rob. rolleyes.gif

Rob/1's signature:

CM was made on a Mac so don't make fun of them!

That's why the original textures were all such low-res then huh? BTS even said that they increased the resolution of the the textures for the Gold Release and yet they are still what we all consider low-res. Tell me Rob, how many hi-res textures do you run on your Mac?

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter clcik here.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-11-2001).]

Originally posted by Solid Snake:

My Cm crashed to the blue screen of death something about a V_X error what is that?

Sounds like your video drivers. Find out what video card you have and go to their website. Download their latest software patch. That may be the cure.

Thx

Guest Rob/1

Originally posted by Maximus:

That's why the original textures were all such low-res then huh? BTS even said that they increased the resolution of the the textures for the Gold Release and yet they are still what we all consider low-res. Tell me Rob, how many hi-res textures do you run on your Mac?

Most of the ones I use are Hi-res. They also said that I you and I don't stop talking to each other we would both be band from the forum so don't talk to me again. Note they said the incresased them. Did you know the ILM

Industal Lights and Magic used Macs for all the Hi-res screen in Star Wars so don't give me that bull.

------------------

CM was made on a Mac so don't make fun of them!

I wouldn't go with DirectX 8.0 though. It's buggy as hell. Stick with DX 7.0a. Also WinndowsME is very buggy. Stick with Win98.

You guys ever watch TechTV? They tell you all this all the time.

----------------------------

Rob, why don't you just chill out with all your Mac crap and we can all get along much better, because frankly, I'm sick of all these Mac users going on this Crusade for Steve Jobs. I see you're having a pink screen after you quit CM, so it seems Macs aren't fool-proof either.

Besides, I believe people who buy Macs aren't smart enough to run a PC. Me finks, me should duck now...

Yowza!

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

Guest wwb_99

Originally posted by Rob/1:

Most of the ones I use are Hi-res. They also said that I you and I don't stop talking to each other we would both be band from the forum so don't talk to me again. Note they said the incresased them. Did you know the ILM

Industal Lights and Magic used Macs for all the Hi-res screen in Star Wars so don't give me that bull.

IL&M might have used some Macs, but star wars was rendered on what is arguably the 3rd most powerful computer on earth, LucasArts' dedicated rendering farm. The rendering farm happens to be neither PC nor mac.

WWB

[Edited for obvios grammatical errors]

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

[This message has been edited by wwb_99 (edited 03-11-2001).]

Guest wwb_99

Originally posted by Solid Snake:

My Cm crashed to the blue screen of death something about a V_X error what is that?

If it is an isolated incident, probably nothing. PCs are known to have wierd erros on occasion. So, if you see it less than once per 20 hours played, call it a fact of life and move on.

If not, try Direct X 8.0a. I can't say for sure about video drivers, since you have not specified what card you are using.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.