New ALLIED Images!!!! Come and See!!!!

Guest Rommel22

I wasn't jumping on Rommel22's pictures really.. It's just is very american in content.. Stars and stripes and all it...Plus put Patton in the middle that just rounds it off really..... I think it's a good effort but just too:Stand up with my right hand to my heart and good bless America... A bit too right wing for me....Thanks !! I'm sorry I don't want to offend any one...... But it is only an opinion....Does't mean any thing.....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could use Red White and Blue for all the nations in Normandy.... Not just the stars and stripes....!! Even an American G.I. would be okay.... Just Patton takes the biscuit.....It would be like putting that other ego mad man there Monty....I would say the same...

I will applozgise again....No insult intended... I will speak no more on the topic.....Sorry Rommel22 !!!

Originally posted by Rupert_2:

I wasn't jumping on Rommel22's pictures really.. It's just is very american in content.. Stars and stripes and all it...Plus put Patton in the middle that just rounds it off really..... I think it's a good effort but just too:Stand up with my right hand to my heart and good bless America... A bit too right wing for me....Thanks !! I'm sorry I don't want to offend any one...... But it is only an opinion....Does't mean any thing.....

But Rupert different countries and cultures have their own "flavour". Some are more nationalistic and some less so.

Guest Rommel22

So whatif it's patriotic, i don't see anything wrong with being a patriot!

So what if has Patton, he was a good american general, I think the only one worth mentioning, he had an elan.

------------------

Rommel22's War Diarys site.

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

So did Hitler have elan.....But I wouldn't want him up there......

Patton is an ego manic... Like Monty...Anti everything but themsevles.. Bradley is okay so is Ike....But please no Patton.....!! Why don't you just put John Wayne up there..And be done......Have we finished !??

Guest Wildman

Damn great job Romme22. I like your reason. You wanted an American one and not an Allied one.

Fecking with him over the name is just really stupid. If you don't like it, shadup and make your own.

---

Originally posted by Rommel22:

So whatif it's patriotic, i don't see anything wrong with being a patriot!

So what if has Patton, he was a good american general, I think the only one worth mentioning, he had an elan.

Patriotism tends to give otherwise sensible people stupid ideas about their own country in relation to others.

It's good to view WW2 objectively. It was two generations ago, I don't really see why I should sympathise any more with a Commonwealth general or soldier than an American or Soviet.

I'm not jumping on one bandwagon or another

I was just voicing an opinon about the pictures and how they looked.... I think they are very good and 10/10 for Rommel22's work. But I think putting Patton on it is just egg on the cake... He wasn't there for the first stages of the Normandy campaign..

So why have him there taking all the Glory..

I would say the same if someone put Monty there....It just feels a bit xenophobic to me..

It's got nothing to do with what country your from.. Look Rommel22 we can agree to disagree... Your pictures are fine...

Guest Rommel22

Guess you are right.

I'll ake one with out patton, I just think he was the Best Allied General.

And again, I look at being patriotic as a good thing! Nothing wrong with it!

------------------

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Guest Rommel22

There are people who like, Zhukov, Monty, Patton, Rommel, so on. Does that make a commies, facists, Brit lovers? No.

Nothing wrong with sticking up for you country, thats all!

------------------

Originally posted by David Aitken:

Rommel22 wrote:

> I look at being patriotic as a good thing! Nothing wrong with it!

There is a thin line between patriotism and xenophobia. I'm not making accusations, just offering food for thought.

I agree with you on this there is a fine line between them..... But lets end it there, we all have are own views on things like that .. Okay chaps !!

Originally posted by Rommel22:

There are people who like, Zhukov, Monty, Patton, Rommel, so on. Does that make a commies, facists, Brit lovers? No.

Nothing wrong with sticking up for you country, thats all!

Overt patriotism (in this case expressed for a mostly foreign audience) is more likely to put up barriers than to encourage understanding between the peoples...

On the subject of flag waving I am taking bets on the number of camera shots of the Stars n Stripes we see in Pearl Harbor smile.gif

Guest MantaRay

Why all this jealousy against anyone who does anything for the US here?

Let me go over this again.

The US did much more in the defeat of Nazi Germany than did Britan, Canada, France, or any other Ally accept for the Soviet Union, and that is open to any of your flames.

And if you don't like my comment, well until America entered the war with troops, Britan was getting their ass kicked by not only Germany, but also by Japan in the Pacific.

Now tell me Canada and France was even a factor? Very small factor if any.

And by saying General Patton was an ego maniac, well show me one who wasnt. I have never met a humble General, and would hate to be commanded by one.

And instead of commending Rommel22 for his work, you berate it. Next time Rommel, make one that shows thses guys what it would have been like if we hadn't entered the war...ie Swastikas and lots of blood.

And yes, I am a patriotic person for my country. But never have you heard me berate someones work because I was jealous?

AND THE US IS THE BEST COUNTRY ON EARTH....where do you think CM was developed at gomers? smile.gif

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

New Site of the PLA:Rugged Defense Group Ladder

The Red Army Mirror

MantaRay wrote:

> Why all this jealousy against anyone who does anything for the US here?

I see no jealousy. What I see is a reaction to the kind of sentiment that you express so well here:

> The US did much more in the defeat of Nazi Germany than did Britan, Canada, France, or any other Ally accept for the Soviet Union, and that is open to any of your flames.

> And if you don't like my comment, well until America entered the war with troops, Britan was getting their ass kicked by not only Germany, but also by Japan in the Pacific.

> Now tell me Canada and France was even a factor? Very small factor if any.

How crass and simplistic. The nature of the part played in the war by each of the nations involved varies dramatically. Granted, the US provided considerable human and industrial muscle, as it does so well. But if you think muscle is the only relevant factor in a war then you have a poor understanding of the business.

> Next time Rommel, make one that shows thses guys what it would have been like if we hadn't entered the war...ie Swastikas and lots of blood.

> And yes, I am a patriotic person for my country.

> AND THE US IS THE BEST COUNTRY ON EARTH....where do you think CM was developed at gomers? :)

Patriotism at its blindest and most xenophobic. Thankyou for the example, MantaRay.

I agree Rommel No more Allied pic's but pleeeeeease don't stop the AMERICAN ones.

And it's Yankee doodle smile.gif

FWI even that term was given to us by the Dutch not the Brits.

First we (meaning Americans) had to let the French take Paris then we had to let the Soviets take Berlin and both of them road into town using Chevy and Ford motors.

-----

"Who put orange juice in my orange juice" W.C. Fields

Originally posted by Mlapanzer:

First we (meaning Americans) had to let the French take Paris then we had to let the Soviets take Berlin...

*ahem* Excuse me?

Either way,

'MY' country is better then 'YOUR' country!!

'MY' dad can beat up 'YOUR' dad!!

'MY' - holy s@it *barely ducks heavy object flung at his head*

Chill down before BTS closes this thread, ya'll biggrin.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

[This message has been edited by The Commissar (edited 02-24-2001).]

Guest MantaRay

Don't forget us letting Monty take Palermo too! Oops, we beat him there did we? But Patton was no great General like Monty, as he was too busy being egotistical. Man, if only I lived in a good country.

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

New Site of the PLA:Rugged Defense Group Ladder

The Red Army Mirror

Guest Rommel22

Manta Ray, I will, good idea!!!

I'll make an image that reperents a world victory for the Germans. Should be a nice one!!!

If people want American images I'll give it to you, but I am NOT doing any other ones.

If a general of is a ego manic, so what, HE IS A GENERAL!!! He desrves to be a ego maniac, I would be too.

------------------