saving troop placements in scenerios

I have started creating my own scenerios but haven't figured out how to pre-position troops in the scenerio so that initial play doesn't take so long to get going. I noticed on several scenerios I downloaded that this was done. Thanks.

Make sure you've bought all the troops in the unit selection screen, then go back to the map-building screen. While you're in the map building screen click the "preview" button. This will take you to the 3D battlefield. The Axis and Allied troops will be lined up on the east and west map edges. You can move them all around the map, and then when you save the scenario all the positions will be saved as well.

DjB

OK, when you go to Map Preview, you can select each unit, then bring up it's orders box, there will be a "Place" selection in there which will allow you to put that unit anywhere on the board. You can also "padlock" a unit to a certain spot so the player or AI won't be able to move it during the set-up phase. Also any unit that remains inside a designated set-up zone without being padlocked can be moved anywhere within that set-up zone at the start of play.

OK, I just found this very same information in the Manual on Page 31. "Setup Phase" same goes for the Editor.