Mod Manger vs Regular Way

I get my mods the old fashion way meaning I download them and place them in the folders myself. What I'm interested in, is using the mod manager a earier, better way? I was going to just try it myself but when I looked at the setup and what all it involved I knew I couldn't figue it out so just continued to do it the old way. BUT - if it's that better or easier ( once figured out ) I would want to use it. Anybody tried both and your comments would be appreciated.

Well, I have never d/l'ed and tried the Mod Manager because I believed that it was just another way to complicate an already simple process.

If you are comfortable with Windows File Management, then the ol' fashioned way works just fine.

Although Max. & Doug are correct, file swapping in windows is mind-numbingly easy, I find the PC mod manager useful for organizing and keeping track of a number of scenario specific mods. It's simple to configure if you follow the readme instructions. But, to each his own. smile.gif

------------------

Clubfoot.

Do it in the desert at www.dfdr.net

[This message has been edited by Clubfoot (edited 03-24-2001).]

Modmanager is a piece of cake to use. Just create a 'Mod' folder in the CMBO directory, downlaod the modmanager (m/m), unzip it and install to the mod folder. Download the patch for m/m, unzip and install the exe file to modmanager. Then tel m/m where your CD lives, where the start (exe) programmes is for CMBO and where your mods will be (mod folder).

All you do then is download all the zipped mods to the mod folder, open mod manager, put them in the order you want (from the bottom up) and click install. I have used the option to copy all the core files from the CD to the HDD, makes it a lot faster. What I like about m/m is that you can keep changing the mods (to test different effects) just by ticking a few boxes and then sitting back and waiting for a few minutes. It makes it sooooooo much easier.

Give it a try if I were you.