Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Need some help, quick!! (OT)

Hello, all!

As stated in the topic, im in pretty bad need of some help. Im writing an essay for school about the Soviet Spring offensive of 1942 and I have to hand it over by friday. And now I got struck by the lovely Murphys law and broke my scanner before I managed to scann the pictures that I was planning to use!! frown.gif

So I need links, links, links to pictures and maps from that timeperiod. What I really need is a good picture to use as a sort of splashscreen (im writing it as a presentation in director) in the resolution of 800*600.

I would be very thankful for any help that i could get. Thanks all!

Originally posted by greed:

Hello, all!

As stated in the topic, im in pretty bad need of some help. Im writing an essay for school about the Soviet Spring offensive of 1942 and I have to hand it over by friday. And now I got struck by the lovely Murphys law and broke my scanner before I managed to scann the pictures that I was planning to use!! frown.gif

So I need links, links, links to pictures and maps from that timeperiod. What I really need is a good picture to use as a sort of splashscreen (im writing it as a presentation in director) in the resolution of 800*600.

I would be very thankful for any help that i could get. Thanks all!

how much help do you really expect with a user name like "greed"

I mean really?!

-tom w

Look on yahoo under the military history section. There are several listings of web directories, which will have links to all you need.

Also note that one can scan at kinkos, for a fee.

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

LOL

I love being called a kid again, guys, guys Im actually 25 yrs old, smile.gif. Maybe school isnt the right name for it, its a course in various computer applications, I dont know what you call it in english. Anyway in order to learn a little of Director and Lingo we had to do a sort of presentation of something that interested us...anyway gotta go cook some dinner now, keep those kid posts comming, please! smile.gif

Guest Rommel22

www.achtungpanzer.com

This page is mostly an AFV site, but go to the link section. Go under WWII related sites. The site has many links to sites dedicated to WWII and some directly to the Soviet spring offensive 1942.

I use this site all the time!!! Hope that helps.

------------------

Rommel22's War Diarys site.

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

I love that picture Pascal, I actually LMAO at it just the other day (found a link to the thread at 109 Gustavs site). Ive been lurking this board on and off since the old demo days but i managed to miss that topic by some reason? Maybe I should use one of the giant printers at school (no, not highschool all you grumpy old grognards!) and make a big poster out of it?