AP vs Trucks etc.

This has probably been discussed before, but does CM take into account that AP rounds, if fired at Trucks, HT's and other light vehicles would most likely punch right thru and do little real damage?

I'd think the odds of the round hitting a vital spot (Driver/Engine, etc.) versus hitting dead space would be pretty low.

Gyrene.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

This has probably been discussed before, but does CM take into account that AP rounds, if fired at Trucks, HT's and other light vehicles would most likely punch right thru and do little real damage?

I'd think the odds of the round hitting a vital spot (Driver/Engine, etc.) versus hitting dead space would be pretty low.

Gyrene.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, let's test that theory..

You drive, I'll shoot...

[ 04-12-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Abbott, from this very site, under "resources":

We also got to watch a US 57mm AT gun go to work on the wreckage of the prior day's shoot. But it wasn't very interesting. The AP rounds passed right through the bus and impacted in the hill directly behind. Although there was much to hear (dang that thing is loud!), not much to see.

I'd wager a fair amount that it happened a lot when shooting AP's at soft targets.

Gyrene