Hitlerjugend

Just wondering if anyone could give me some info on these as i'm trying to make a scenario involving them. Note, I don't know anything about the Hitler Youth at all.

some questions: Am I right in thinking that they were classed as SS?

What vehicles, tanks, experience and squads would best represent them in the game?

Anything else anyone thinks I need to know?

Thanks.

Do you mean the 12th SS Hitlerjugend Panzer Division?

Or the Hitler Youth in general?

The 12th SS Division was a full fledged SS division, made up of 17 and 18 year old boys, with a cadre ofolder, experienced NCOs and Officers from Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler (1st SS Division).

The Hitler Youth was a youth group, like the Boy Scouts, for young men 12-18 (or thereabouts). They were not a formed military unit, nor did they belong to the SS.

12th SS Panzer Division first saw action in Normandy - I have several scenarios with HJ units on my website (see below) - they are best portrayed by SS Panzergrenadiers, and I believe their tank units were equipped with Panthers and PZ IVs for the most part.

www.feldgrau.com has a good research forum you could go to with more questions, and threre are links there.

Use www.google.com to search for websites on the Waffen SS and Hitler Youth also - there is at least one site in English devoted to the division.

------------------

CANUCK: Clothing, Equipping and Employing the Canadian Soldier in Combat Mission

Get a copy of this book. It's pretty good and covers the 1 SS and 12th SS Panzer Divisions.

Steel Inferno: 1st SS Panzer Corps in Normandy by Micheal Reynolds

------------------

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice Doggy", until you can get a good sight picture.

Originally posted by Mr Oz:

Get a copy of this book. It's pretty good and covers the 1 SS and 12th SS Panzer Divisions.

Steel Inferno: 1st SS Panzer Corps in Normandy by Micheal Reynolds

Second that. im reading it too (saw it recommended earlier and picked it up from Amazon.)

--random thought--

Someone with a CM website (MANX, maybe) might want to sign up as an Amazon affiliate (if this is still allowed.) and create a page with links to books discussed on the BTS forum. (this is pretty easy)

I know Manx paid more money than he intended to at first to run his CM site, and he's not serving any banners.

I'd happily click through his site to buy books that I was going to buy anyway since it would send some $$ his way and not cost me a cent.

Guest AlfieE

Try and get hold of a copy of Hans Holztrager's 'In a Raging Inferno: Combat Units of the Hitler Youth 1944 - 5' available from Helion books (www.helion.co.uk) should answer all your questions for a measley £27.95 (gulp).