CMMOS FAQ??

I think it's time we had some sort of FAQ for this marvellous piece of kit.

In particular, the thing that stumps me.

Am I right in thinking that to use, for example, the british army mod for all the brit tanks, you need to make sure you have the relevant Bergman mods in the BMP folder first?

I was happily clicking away and I realised (after a while - doh!) that the mods weren't actually being installed by CMMOS. If this is the case, can we just use his standard mods, or do we have to wait for rulesets and such like to appear?

It would be really good if there was a resource out there on the web that was purely geared up for CMMOS mods, and that all future mods could be used by it. Think of the potential here. Terrain, sky sets etc etc.. Makes it real easy too.

Hats off to the designer. Great idea.

The link Clubfoot referenced, set up by Madmatt, is indeed the complete listing (to date) of all CMMOS-compatible mods (either the old batch file mods that work with CMMOS, or the new mods created strictly for CMMOS). We'll hopefully be keeping that up to date, although I just realized that Clubfoot's SSM is not listed there. Clubfoot, why don't you send Madmatt and e-mail so we can get that on the list (as well as your Panther/Mark IV "un-official" mods, although there's no reason they couldn't be official).

Gordon

Gordon & Clubfoot,

Are you gentleman going to "publish" what modder has taken/used what RuleSet #'s (so far) with their CMMOS-enabled mods, at least as far as it can be traced/published by you.

RuleSet #850 (that is being used for the excellent Panthers mods from various artists) springs to mind, and I'll hate to loose them (without warning) after installing a new CMMOS-enabled mod.

I'm still marvelling at this piece of brilliant software! Excellent design and execution. If you guys need a donation, you know where to find me.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-------------

I guess you could say I'm the ultimate fan of wine, rather than a connoisseur. I'm an amateur, but I have started to become really gung-ho on the subject of wine tasting. I love the adventure of taste.

-- Itzhak Perlman, Israeli concert violinist

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WineCape:

Gordon & Clubfoot,

Are you gentleman going to "publish" what modder has taken/used what RuleSet #'s (so far) with their CMMOS-enabled mods, at least as far as it can be traced/published by you.

RuleSet #850 (that is being used for the excellent Panthers mods from various artists) springs to mind, and I'll hate to loose them (without warning) after installing a new CMMOS-enabled mod.

I'm still marvelling at this piece of brilliant software! Excellent design and execution. If you guys need a donation, you know where to find me.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-------------

I guess you could say I'm the ultimate fan of wine, rather than a connoisseur. I'm an amateur, but I have started to become really gung-ho on the subject of wine tasting. I love the adventure of taste.

-- Itzhak Perlman, Israeli concert violinist<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Charl,

There are 2 separate ranges for CMMOS RuleSet (and Rule) numbers. "Official", registered numbers that are "safe", and "unofficial" or "house" numbers that are fair game for collisions. As it's very easy to detect a collision, and the files can be simply renamed to avoid the problem, I hadn't considered maintaining a public/on-line list (although I obviously maintain such a list). Possibly Madmatt's CM:HQ CMMOS section is a reasonable place to post it (providing Madmatt updates it). :rolleyes:

Gordon