What does the date have to do with it?

Hi - I just got this game, and I was wondering what the importance of the date was (nov. 1944, jan. 1945, etc.)?

Okay, I know the obvious - weather, and the availability of some tanks (I noticed I couldn't get a Hotchkiss in January 1945).

But I guess my question is whether it impacts infantry, firing accuracy, morale, or off-board artillery accuracy?

DOes it impact infantry firepower at all?

Are there any websites I can look at for more information about this?

Thanks for the help!

http://www.feldgrau.com

The germans reorganized their infantry forces serveral times during the war. Added more MGs, added more SMGs and STG44s, took out 50mm mortars and added 81mms.

So you will see German 44 squads with more rifles and short range Panzerfausts. And late war squads with more SMGs, and even the dreaded Volksgerenader squads with nothing but SMGs.

Pretty much same thing with allies. But I don't think the Brits change much. The Americans you will notice get an extra BAR in their squads and more Tommy guns. Both very good things. Increased chance of rifle gernades.

Early way 50mm ATGs for the germans have a chance of Tugensten rounds. And late war gives the Allies lots of "T" rounds waste on Tigers.

In addition to the factors already mentioned, one large infantry change with the date is German panzerfaust models available. They go from largely ineffective 30s in the first 3 months, to reasonable 60s after that, and the excellent 100s in early 45.

Don't forget the availability of Naval 14 inch gun support for the Allies in the earliest part of the game.

In a QB the other night, I finally bought an FO for these killer weapons since I knew I was attacking a town. Dropped the entire salvo into the middle of town to start the attack. 12 shells took out about 8 big town buildings.