Does this Sound Fun for Combat Mission?

Posted on a different game's (SP:WAW)message board:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Announcing the imminent release of my campaign, "Raiders of the Sahara". Finishing touches are underway now.....

Brief synopsis:

During the desert campaign of 1941-1943, the British assembled a group of men familiar with desert survival. Outfitting them with specially-designed trucks, they were given the task of mapping the vast desert for Monty's Eighth Army. At the same time, Commando units were learning the fine arts of infiltration, sabotage, and intelligence-gathering, which would be so telling in later years.

A chance meeting between the head of the Commando forces and the leader of the Long-Range Desert Group in Cairo led to the development of a combined-arms section, comprised of SAS and Commando troops carried by the LRDG trucks on raids against Italian and German airfields, convoys, and command posts.

For you older folks, the TV show "Rat Patrol" was based on the exploits of these intrepid "sand warriors".

This campaign is small (5 missions) in length, but big on surprises. As the commander of a lone LRDG, you must use your wits to achieve your mission objectives. Most battles require you to hit hard, hit fast, and escape. This is true small-unit action at it's finest.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now who says that a campaign game is out of the question in Combat Mission?

No Dave, that's what I meant. I love Operations, but the problem is THEY ONLY USE ONE MAP! It is not a commando action, as I read (from the rest of the message) but a series of small scale attacks, battles, defenses, escapes, etc. all from the same force.

It just sounded neat, and any one of the scenarios would work excellently as a CM scenario or operation, but they would be BEAUTIFUL as a campaign, along with so many other cool and fun ideas.

****NOTE****

I am a voice calling for a CM campaign game. You may agree or disagree (or even agree to disagree) but I will NEVER BE SILENCED!!!

Vive la Differance!