Accuracy of indirect mortar fire?

I find they are pretty accurate. I have never tried it with anything less than regulars though. The main drawback is that they won't follow the target if it moves. Iv'e taken out plenty of halftracks and light tanks and even immobilized a few heavies with indirect mortar fire.

They're wicked good. Sometimes the pattern is tighter than I would like for suppressing a spread out enemy, but a group of three 60 mm mortars with an observer can pin and hold a platoon or more at a treeline.

They're also great for demolishing large buildings (though it can take some time, and sometimes the residents now run out before the building falls, but it's a similar result-- enemy displaced.

Need spot smoke? Call in the on-map mortars. Little clouds delivered while-u-wait.

Best of all, the on-map observer can remain hidden and call in fire, which generally arrives immediately..

On map indirect mortars: don't leave home without them.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

I've found them to be pretty accurate (= have very little spread).

This can be booth good and bad, depending on the target.

If the intended target unit is mobile it will just move a few metres and be out of the sheaf while the mortar keeps spending ammo.

If the target is stationary or very slow, like a towed gun, mortar or MG, then the sheaf will be more effective.

Cheers

Olle

Guest Michael emrys

It can vary, but seems to be pretty good. On one occasion that I observed closely, a 60mm mortar firing indirectly dropped four or five consecutive rounds right into a German-occupied foxhole forcing the squad to break and run. That was good enough for me!

Michael

On-map spotted mortars? Love 'em love 'em love 'em.

Definitely worth it, in my opinion.

-dale

------------------

I LOST A BLOOD HAMSTER BATTLE TO PETERNZ. MY SIG FILE IS NOW HIS AND I AM HIS SLAVE. PLEASE ABUSE ME AS YOU SEE FIT AND CALL ME A DOO-DOO HEAD. IT IS MY PLACE IN LIFE, I WILLINGLY ACCEPT IT.