BTS: What items from "The List" will make it into CM2?

Is this a list of units for the game, or are we talking about a list of game improrvements? Both are valid and interesting and I'd like to know.

As for game improvements, the only ones I know of are an improved interface, grazing fire for the MG (and perhaps something called "going for broke") I think they mentioned that maps would be bigger and there would be some new tiles.

I think I heard that we would have in-game unit roster, and maybe an in-game unit data-base.

As for units, I would guess we will have all the common ones, a few of the "rare but cool" ones and if we are lucky, maybe just a couple of the "wacky or weird but-we-really-whined-alot-for-them" units, such as:

CAVALRY

Now, let's bump that CMBB faq

Panzer Leader wrote:

Is this a list of units for the game, or are we talking about a list of game improrvements?

"The List" with capitals denotes the list of game improvements that are under consideration by BTS.

They haven't posted the complete list ever (something to do with trade secrets or like that) but from time to time Steve or Charles has mentioned that a particular feature is in it.

- Tommi

Thanks TSS,

Yes I'm refering to "THE LIST" of game improvements, which, as you stated, isn't actually published. I'm just curious to hear from BTS which of the various items that have been discussed here since around the time of the release of CM1 as being on said "LIST" might make it into CM2.

Mike D

aka Mikester

Which is why they won't post what has been discussed.

1. There are competitors reading this board.

2. If they say they are discussing it, and it doesn't make the cut, then people will say "You promised that feature"

3. People argueing over things when the game isn't even coded yet. IE "Its the same engine, so they better have all the tanks".

4. IT IS STILL BEING CODED.

Rune

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikester:

Thanks TSS,

Yes I'm refering to "THE LIST" of game improvements, which, as you stated, isn't actually published. I'm just curious to hear from BTS which of the various items that have been discussed here since around the time of the release of CM1 as being on said "LIST" might make it into CM2.

Mike D

aka Mikester<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Rune,

I'm looking for what they've decided to put in as of "now". Not continued wish list items or ones they have yet to decide upon.

You can't write code if you havn't made decisions. At least some decisions. Otherwise how the devil do you know what you are doing? So if they are writing code they must have decided on some of these items. No?

As far as competitors go. Most of the items that I'm referring to as on "THE LIST" have already been discussed here publically, so I don't see how that is an issue. As for items that BTS has on the list that have not been discussed here, I can understand not talking about those. But then, that's not really what I'm after.

Mike D

aka Mikester

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: Mike D ]

Mike,

You forgot point 2, and you forget nothing is written in stone until it is tested, and tested again. So to say it will have feature XYZ, then during testing it doesn't work out, what happens? It is the main reason you won't see anything posted for a while. Hang in there Sir, Steve and Charles will post eventually on it.

Rune

Fellows,

WineCape has started up a thread that will form into an unconfirmed "list" of features BTS can look through and consider, without any commentary and back and forth discussions between board members. Just get in there and post your thing!

Here's a quick link:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=018670