HQ stuff and tanks in CMBB.

I was thinking and it would be nice to see a few modifiers added to tanks like there is now for HQs with the command and combat bonus. For example each tank would have a set of traits like gunnery, driving, and spotting maybe, with a plus one or two for each value just like infantry platoons. This way you could model say a veteran tank with a poor driver or a green tank with a crack gunner. And while I'm at it I would also like to see negative modifiers for infantry, like a -1 morale or combat because from what I understand the prowess, or lack there of, of fighting men stems from their leaders. So again we might see veteran troops serving a leader who doesn't have his act together and this of course would be reflected in the performance of his troops. Not a crazy idea now is it?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

I was thinking and it would be nice to see a few modifiers added to tanks like there is now for HQs with the command and combat bonus. For example each tank would have a set of traits like gunnery, driving, and spotting maybe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It certainly is an interesting idea. It sounds like BTS is taking a step in that direction by including a Morale state for vehicles in CM2:BtB.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

And while I'm at it I would also like to see negative modifiers for infantry, like a -1 morale or combat because from what I understand the prowess, or lack there of, of fighting men stems from their leaders. So again we might see veteran troops serving a leader who doesn't have his act together and this of course would be reflected in the performance of his troops.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since each HQ has 3 levels of proficiency (no bonus, +1 bonus, +2 bonus), we already have something very close to what you are asking. All you have to do is consider the 'no-bonus' state to be an HQ that is sub-average in that category, a '+1 bonus' to be an HQ which is adequate, and a '+2 bonus' to be superb. Have you ever seen Regular--or worse yet, Green--troops with a no-bonus HQ (and I mean no bonuses at all)? They are about the last thing you want to use in a critical location because they certainly act like they would rather be anywhere else but in the battle.

All that having been said, I still like the idea. It brings back memories of those 6+1 leaders from Squad Leader. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>engy said:

It sounds like BTS is taking a step in that direction by including a Morale state for vehicles in CM2:BtB.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not exactly true

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> BTS said on CGOnline article:

A good example of a feature that didn't make it into Combat Mission is vehicle crew morale. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>