Target Acquisition Overload

I just bought both games, but am playing CMBO for now. My question comes from controlling Wittmann's tank at Villers Bocage.

My question is, "Is there anyway to override or ignore the way units acquire and engage targets?" For instance, when I "wade" Wittmann's tank into the fray, it will "hyper" acquire and reacquire relatively low value targets while half-tracks get away and Allied tanks start pinging away at me. As a former cavalryman and tanker, and as Wittmann did that day, most of these targets would be ignored as one/he sought out higher value/threat "most dangerous" targets. Is this just a "have to live with" problem? I am sure that Wittmann didn't have his turret slewing over the back deck to engage a Vickers MG while he knew he was hunting armor to his front.

Thanks.

No ideas,

Had the same problem. It is especially acute as, when he comes closer, he keeps targetting the Cromwells that sweep back an forth across his arc of fire. They are too fast for his turret traverse. So there he goes, rotating left and right turn after turn without ever firing, while the enemy takes pot-shots until the inevitable "Gun Damage" result...

Regards

Dandelion

With that scenario in particular, the targeting flaw is really shown. There are so many targets so close for the slow moving turret of the Tiger, that by the time it can get a bead on the target it had moved causing the erratic retargeting. In CMBO, there is no way to have the tank target on high priority subjects(tanks, vehicles, guns). This of course often leave the turret side and rear exposed when shooting the wrong direction. I always try to reverse out and use whatever cover to block certain angles sight to keep the turret in view of specified areas but that obviously depends on the terrain available. Only in a few target extensive scenarios has this been a big problem especially the fun scenario of Villers Bocage. That's one battle you really want to see the Tiger do its business!

In CMBB, you can have cover arc set for only armor vs. infantry which really solves that problem.