To my PBEM opponents

Guest Germanboy

Guest Germanboy

No turns for the foreseeable future. Major computer problem. If anyone knows how to deal with an internal Apple modem that refuses to work (i.e. no dial tone), let me know by email please. Sorry about that chaps.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

I just ain't got the heart.... Okay, I'll do it anyway. Likely story, if the modem ain't working, how'd ya post this? biggrin.gif

Good luck Germanboy. smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 03-13-2001).]

I, for one, am glad that I am no longer playing Germanboy because the inevitable outcome would be him handing me my hindquarters in a little basket. His tactics are beyond reproach and his application of the same are quite fearsome. I would recommend him purchasing a PC, but that would be inapropriate and would lead to this thread being locked.

So, I would like to contribute a hearty and heartfelt "Hi Mom" to this thread.

PS Patton rocks!!

------------------

http://www.derkessel.com/

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I had the same problem on a PC - not sure if its the same on a mac. But in your modem properties (Dialling preferances) there is a box for "Wait for dial tone before dialling". It is enabled by default, disable it and it will work fine.

I only faced this problem when in Australia - the modems worked fine here, but in Oz i had to uncheck that box before they would work.

The other thing is of course that the modem is Kaput.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Dammitt Andreas!

You were next on my intended victims list.

Obviously Mensch informed you of your imminent destruction and you sabotaged your own modem in order to escape your fate.

Kindly pencil yourself in for topplement upon your return.

Humph!