Burning vehicle sound

Guest ciks

Hello there!

I mostly play CM with my headphones on and find sound of burning vehicle very irritating. If your "camera" is situated somewhere near some burning wreck (read: Sherman), that sound overcomes ALL other sounds of the game. I wonder if there could be some "volume mixer" in the future versions of game, where some particular sounds can be "toned down" a bit. I know i can probably replace some .wav file, but c'mon, it's not MY job to make this game better wink.gif

Also, a quick idea. Since most guns in CM shoot the shell quicker than 330m per second (speed of sound), wouldn't it be nice to implement a feature when, let's say, you see a Tiger shooting 2 km away, you see shell taking out your low-end Shermie, but the sound of Tiger's 88mm "arrives" only some seconds later. One helluva coding job, i guess...

Soudndsprockets are the extensions providing 3D sound. CM works best with older versions (1.5 or something in that range). For some reason the new versions don't give as clear/good sound as the older ones. Most sounds come muffled and the flames are real loud.

I can take a look if I can find the "good" versions for you.

Found the game sprockets 1.0 set already.

Check your extensions folder to see wich version of "SoundSprocket Filter" you have, I believe the 1.0 is the "good one".

--

oops, it's gamesprocets 1.5, containing soundsprocet 1.0

[This message has been edited by Jarmo (edited 03-28-2001).]

Coming to you as I write this.

The package contains all the Gamesprockets, but you'll probably

only need the soundsprocket folder.

Soundspeed cannot be adjusted, and I very much doubt it'll be included

too soon. Although it would be cool...

[This message has been edited by Jarmo (edited 03-28-2001).]

I replaced the sprockets and "burning sound" is more silent, although other sounds seems to be more "rough" (or is it just me). I'll have to get used to it.

Originally posted by Apache:

I am on a PC and I find vehicle burning sometimes sounds 'tinny'.

Yeah ive heard that too. Its like all of a sudden it has alot of reverb. Like its in some big round sewer duct, or like apache said.

Originally posted by Agua:

Same here Apache. Almost sounds like it's in a concrete pipe or something. But it's not that way all the time. Odd, isn't it?

EDIT: Ive also heard idling tank engines do the same.

[This message has been edited by MadmaN (edited 03-28-2001).]