Madmatt Mod Guide - any update news?

Madmatt - is there a planned review of this now that the TCP and v1.12 patches are out?

Being a newbie, I would be keen to know if the advice still holds good. It certainly seems MDMP 1 & 2 are recommended still but I just want to make sure the others are not surpassed now. I could use a process of trial and error but I'd want to be certain that some of the 'packs' available don't overwrite stuff already downloaded

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 02-10-2001).]

Guest Madmatt

Yeah, there are more pressing matters right now with CMHQ but I will get back to updating the guide when and if I can find some spare time.

There are literally hundreds of excellent mods out now and if you read carefully what I say about them when they are posted you can tell my thoughts on them.

For exapmple, if I say something like:

Mace's new Sheep Mod blows chunks but here is the link. You could be reasonably certain that I was not too big a fan of that particular mod.

If on the other hand I say something along the lines of:

While the Uber-Sturmin Norman Tiger mod is pretty much horrendous and I feel dumber for installing it on my computer, you may want to give it a shot. Then the mod is probably ok.

See? Its all about semantics when you get down to it....

Madmatt

and when he says your mod "it blows donkey d*@k"....he really means i would like to tell you what i really think of your mod but dont want to hurt your feelings and i like sugar coating things....

------------------

MAKE IT SHORT AND SWEET THEN GET THE F#$K OUT

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update Matt. Obviously you have a million and one (or is it two?) other things to do as well. With all the recent postings re latest mods an update would still be welcome. Your comments on each mod are of course a good guide but, as your mod-guide suggests, it is whether they are better than and/or whether they will inadvertently overwrite any others that is also important.

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 02-22-2001).]