Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Area Fire - Specify Number Of Rounds?

Can we get an order to specify the number of rounds a unit expends doing area fire in CMBB please BTS?

I would also like to see an option to order a move - fire X rounds - move again.

I have been reading a book describing the S.O.P for an attack by a Churchill Crocodile troop. They would advance, flame a likely looking target, and advance again etc. This would be impossible to model in CMBO, as the Croc would stop on one turn, empty his tanks for a full turn and then move on the next turn etc.

I would guess that most tanks would empty a couple of HE rounds into likely looking strongpoints on the advance so this would apply to them as well.

Also mortars etc would be able to manage their ammo more realistically. Any thoughts & have I missed something?

Yes! And something like a order to stop and restart fire over a target without the need of a full delay time? I feel that must be usual also in true battle to think that enemy was softened or dislodged with an "x" amount of rounds and find that they are only face in the dusk so a new call is needed. And if the coordinate are, as they are, the same the aquiring time must be shorter.

Grrrrr, Outlook Express is screwed & I'm getting the dreaded Invalid Page Fault. Russell would you mind emailing it to Gaz@theboozer1.freeserve.co.uk & i'll pick it up when I've reinstalled - thanks m8!

Back to the thread, the more I think of being able to specify the number of rounds used in area fire the better it gets. I'd like the element of guesswork, wondering was that enough to get them supressed & taking the chance, rather than pouring in fire for a whole turn or two for total overkill and wasting precious ammo.

If it's used in conjuction with the abilitity to specify more than one target sequentially throughout the move, or a move-fire-move sequence of orders IMHO the game and it's tactical options would be greatly enhanced.

As well as eveyone's replies I'd like to see a comment from BTS - although I know they're very busy.