Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Origins of monster trucks revealed!

So, ever wonder who thought up the idea for monster trucks? Take a gander:

View?u=1394876&a=10415756&p=40830753

Actually, that's the "Mine Exploder T10" which was tested at Aberdeen Proving Ground in 1944. Wouldn't that be a blast to go toolin' around in.

And no, I'm not advocating that this should have been added to CMBO. smile.gif It never got past the prototype phase.

Gordon

Photo and information from: "British and American Tanks of World War Two" Chamberlain and Ellis

[This message has been edited by Gordon (edited 02-12-2001).]

Thanks for posting that up. I've tried several times to describe this beast in "ugliest tank" threads but seeing is believing. Although I have photos of this thing, I'm not about to cut up the book.

Anyway, I guess now I'm the retroactive, revisionist winner of those old arguments now smile.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

Originally posted by Bullethead:

Thanks for posting that up. I've tried several times to describe this beast in "ugliest tank" threads but seeing is believing. Although I have photos of this thing, I'm not about to cut up the book.

Anyway, I guess now I'm the retroactive, revisionist winner of those old arguments now smile.gif

Yeah, but I think this makes you the loser of all those "how do I scan a photo" arguments...

("cut up the book...?????????????")

MD said:

Yeah, but I think this makes you the loser of all those "how do I scan a photo" arguments... ("cut up the book...?????????????")

I don't have a flatbed scanner. It's a roll-through thing for doing single sheets only. The only way I can scan a book's picture is to cut the picture out of the book and feed it through the machine. Crappy scanner, I know, but it's what I have.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.