Terrain recommendations

It's been a while since I posted on these boards... I've just reinstalled CMBO on my fairly new XP setup and have just reconfigured CMMOS and am getting the gig or so of mods installed that I have on my hard drive. The only thing I haven't done is re-apply a terrain set. I personally think the terrain is the most important mod of the lot. So which stuff should I use? I love Magua's Normandy set, but this doesn't look so hot in the winter. Is there a real nice 'overall' terrain mod I could use?

Also, if anyone can recommend a new commonwealth operation I'd appreciate it.

hi phil,

all i can recommend are the ones i'm using. don't have much experience with others but i am completely satisfied with the ones i use. they are:

Panzertruppens high detailed building v2

DD's hi res grass and snow textures, plus all his trees and tree bases.

All of them can be found on combat mission HQ under third party mods, grass and terrain textures. Another very small one that adds a ton i think is JuJu's craters and foxholes. if you can't find it, i can email you the files, they are very small. last but not least you will want some good smoke and explosion mods. i'm pretty sure i am using the ones on combat mission hq as well. hope that helps.

I tried DD's grass, and although the winter textures look fabulous the spring/summer variation pales in comparison. I'm currently using Magua's Normandy textures. I think that's the best looking grass I've seen to date. I'd like to see a Magua winter texture set. Wishful thinking.. I'm sure I remember him saying he'd do it..