Prisoner Bug In TCP/IP play

Guest Rex_Bellator

Guest Rex_Bellator

It's quite possibly the most non-game altering bug imaginable, but so far in my TCP/IP games I have not been able to order any group of captured men to move. I'm using the latest Beta and have tried to move several groups around in different battles all of who have ignored my instructions.

Has anyone noticed the same, does it really matter if you can't move them anyway?! Erm, no. Still, I used to like the taunting opportunity which you get by marching prisoners at your foe.

------------------

"We're not here to take it - We're here to give it"

General Morshead's response to the popular newspaper headline "Tobruk Can Take It"

Yes, I played an Attack QB and I was on the defence. I had several prisoners all over the board and they all refused to move. I also noticed the defence structures (mines, wire, TRP, ETC.) were pictured as being still being in the setup area. It looked like I had forgot to place them. My opponent gave me the impression that he could see them too.

Hmm... I played a TCP/IP game where I had two lots of mines, and placed them – but during the game I saw a third right at the rear edge of the map, which I'm sure I didn't have in the first place.

As for prisoners, there is a good reason for moving them. If you leave them behind, they'll make off and rejoin the battle. Likewise if you march them towards their comrades – you're not taunting your opponent, you're just giving him his men back. Prisoners need to be closely guarded to remain prisoners.

David

button.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Hmm... I played a TCP/IP game where I had two lots of mines, and placed them – but during the game I saw a third right at the rear edge of the map, which I'm sure I didn't have in the first place.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting ... I think I saw this happen as well, although I didn't realize it at the time. I was rushed for time during my setup and when the game started I was kicking myself because I saw a TRP and a minefield sitting back at the rear of the map. I thought I had forgotten to place them, but maybe I didn't forget and they were just cloned somehow.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Guest Rex_Bellator

Kmead - was that a TCP/IP game? I've been able to move prisoners NP in battles versus the AI but not yet in TCP/IP games. Mind you I'm just about to try another.

I'm going to explain to my buddy that I need to take all his men prisoner for a scientific test wink.gif lets hope he co-operates.

I've not noticed a bug with mines and other fortifications but I'll keep an eye out for it this time.

------------------

General Morshead's response to the popular newspaper headline "Tobruk Can Take It"

Guest Rex_Bellator

Nope - took 2 units prisoner and neither would move. Is there a formula to decide wether they can move or not? IMHO I would have thought that they should move when told, they are prisoners after all. They can do all the non co-operative stuff and tunnel digging when they are in the pen. Perhaps I need to get more intimidating, can you buy high voltage cattle-prods at startup? biggrin.gif

------------------

Hey I haven't been able to reproduce the prisoner bug unless I oreder the prisoner into the forward battle area...In another note I've been able to reproduce the bug that dupes the fortifications..I've sent a report form and error log.

------------------

Shwing!