Enhanced or redone?

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

I have a quick favor to ask you folks, which of the two images would you prefer for night overcast skies?

A)

nightrainenhanced.jpg

Or

B)

nightrainredone.jpg

And yes I know that the skies don't always get to be seen etc etc etc, so don't bother with that. I just want to know what the general preference is of these two?

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

Okay.. For the cool loof factor you have to go with 2, but for the realism factor you have to go with 1. So I am stumped.

2 looks like it is an hour or so past sunset where the sky is still that hazy grey. Wht you could do is limit it to a portion of the sky that so that it looks like the full moon is out behind the clouds illuminating the back drop.

Jeff

------------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

Did you make that bmp. Cuz if ya did I hafto ask you for it. That is some nice work. I like drama in my game. I do recall seing that kind of sky before.

But maybe they didn't have that kind of sky in 1944.

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Yeah, I'd have to go with no1 for realism's sake.

Number 2 is way too clear, although it is very well done and would do for a "just past sunset" scenario like Jeff said.

A) claudy rainy night, its so dark that you cannot see about nothing.

B) rain is just clearing out, or at sunset or dawn, where you can see things pretty much clearer.

I like A better, becouse B is maybe just momentary wheather change.

But that would be cool feature in CM if wheather could be changing during the game, so it is clear sky in first but it suddenly starts raining and sky is covered with clouds.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 33%God:

But maybe they didn't have that kind of sky in 1944.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, as everyone is well aware, the Germans fielded an much improved version of sky ---the Grau Himmel Mk VI B (as per Jentz, "Der Himmel ist fallt", chapter 32)--- in late 1944! These pictures clearly show a much earlier version (Mk V?), easily identified by the lighter shade of feld grau used in the cloud cover.

Amateurs...

Guest Michael emrys

I like B better. It looks more like the skies I'm familiar with. A bit of moonlight for ops.

But like someone suggested, why not release both and let each choose his own preference.

Michael

Okay thanks all for your responses. And I do believe that Mr.420 has a good idea. There will be three (count 'em 3) overcast night skies to choose from. Mind you this will bump the file size up about a 1-2mb. =)

(I will see about maybe splitting up the archive so people with slower modems can still grab the whole thing without too much trouble.)

Thanks all for the input and you gave me some new ideas too.... but I will try and get the last touches on it, and release it before monday.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

[This message has been edited by Der Unbekannte Jäger (edited 01-12-2001).]