Grognards

Guest AbnAirCav

Eh? Have you heard something?

Before this outage, last I heard it was going fine ... I was looking forward to the planned addition of the Battleground series at the end of this month.

Originally posted by AbnAirCav:

Eh? Have you heard something?

Before this outage, last I heard it was going fine ... I was looking forward to the planned addition of the Battleground series at the end of this month.

Heard nothing, but I pinged the server and got a fatal exception. Either he upgraded to Windows 2000 or it is dead hardware.

Or, shudder the thought, I hope he is ok.

Grognards is on server 63.249.237.74 on Cihost and is returning a forbidden 403 error, which means that the http server on port 80 is no longer accepting inquiries. Cihost has either shut down this server or it has been pulled. The IP is ok, and the DNS registry is ok.

Guest AbnAirCav

Originally posted by yobobo@tournamenthouse:

How long has it been down?

Actually, my experience was that last Thursday night, 11:30 PM Central U.S., I received an e-mail notification of a CM game finish registered by Sundowner. I cruised over there Friday morning, 6 AM Central time, to check the site, and found it down, not just the web server returning "403 Forbidden" but also the mail server kicking back e-mail.

FWIW, I finally sent an e-mail last night to the Grognards admin folks listed on the whois record (their non-"thegrognards.com" addresses). I offered to post an update on this board, but since I mentioned there was a thread discussing the site's status maybe they'll post it themselves.

Likewise, I've tried emailing the Grognards addresses and have had them returned as invalid. Tailz saw Panzermeyer on ICQ, but he was N/A, and not responding. I do not know if he sent an IM through the ICQ server. I more than slightly curious as to why he, nor any of the staff have made any type of comment on the situation.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Likewise, I've tried emailing the Grognards addresses and have had them returned as invalid. Tailz saw Panzermeyer on ICQ, but he was N/A, and not responding. I do not know if he sent an IM through the ICQ server. I more than slightly curious as to why he, nor any of the staff have made any type of comment on the situation.

Does anyone have a real time on him? Illness or tragedy could be the cause, or merely forgetting to send the check....

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Does anyone have a real time on him? Illness or tragedy could be the cause, or merely forgetting to send the check....

Just sent a couple of emails to Panzer's addresses (from ICQ details)... will advise if I get a response.

Tailz Out

------------------

"Poor, poor, pitiful me... these young

girls won't let me be... woe is me!" Warren Zevon

Had a game running with PM. He sent a note out a week ago, saying he had to deal with some "personal issues" (I hope quote is correct as I am not on same email computer). He said nothing regarding the site coming down. Only that he would not be able to return game turns.

Speedbump