Reinforcement problem in 2 cd scenarios

I've played this week-end 2 good scenarios versus human : Prokhorovka-Finale and A Deadly Affair.

Unfortunately in both cases the games were partly spoiled because russians reinforcements popped up right in the middle of the axis troops.

Anybody had the same problem ?

[ December 02, 2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Thin Red Line ]

**** A Deadly Affair and Prokhorovka SPOILERS****

I agree but a platoon appearing in the open right in a middle of a german convoy only to be slaughtered by 20mm the following turn is useless.

I prefer to organize a good ambush better than watch them die hopelessly.

And my russian PBEM partner in Prokhorovka was not really happy to loose his 12 reinforcements tanks which popped already encircled.

******SPOLIERS*******

I might add by the way (as TRL's opponent in "A Deadly affair") that I lost two trucks to the troops that suddenly appeared. That's 1/3 of all of my exitable trucks by the way. Two squads teleported into open ground literally right in front of my lead truck. I lost both almost instantly. It's a bit silly that reinforcements that appear in the middle of a map do not do so utilising the cover available and with some tactical sense to their positions.

John

• 5 months later...
Guest PondScum

**** Prokhorovka - Finale SPOILERS****

Resurrecting this old thread to say "me too!". This scenario initially looked like a nice PBEM choice. As the Germans I advanced two tank platoons to an obvious overwatch hill on the right flank. Played hide-and-seek with oncoming T-34s at a range of 1-1.5km for a couple of turns, and then - surprise! - a platoon of T-34s teleports onto the hilltop, 50m behind my tanks.

Now, I realize that Kursk was meant to be a swirling mass of tanks, etc etc, but this is stretching things too far. I only lost two tanks, through luck and superior numbers, but it definitely was Not Fun Or Realistic.