BTS:Reaction delay time for CM2?

BTS, I'm sure everyone there is probably pretty sick of feature requests for CM2, but I think that this one might be worth the time, and has probably been requested already.

I'm sure that just about anyone who has played more than a couple of games of CM can tell stories of "super cyborg" like retargetting by opposing (Or even your own) units when new targets get spotted, especially with flexible MG's on vehicles.

I think a system of reaction delays based on unit quality, like the one for new orders, would be appropriate and would add even another level of realism to the game.

Tank turrets already have a similar system, and I think it works very well.

But in any case, it's an idea.

Gyrene

I agree with the majority of your post with the exception of:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>“Tank turrets already have a similar system, and I think it works very well.”<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think tanks can also use some work relative to the instantaneous one unit sees for all units syndrome. If ever there was a game more suited to some sort of conditional spotting algorithm it is CM. Simultaneous hands-off execution of game turns make conditional spotting quite “doable”. A Function to calculate when or if a unit spots an enemy unit. A friendly unit being fired upon should not instantly act as a “spotting conduit” for all other friendly units.

Username, I am talking about how all local units instantly all target a freshly spotted unit, I have a movie file from a current ongoing PBEM which is quite funny: My opponent's Armored car spotted a MG team right next to it after sitting by it for a few seconds and then all of his vehicles in LOS (About 8 of them) instantly all began to shoot at the MG team, at exactly the same time as the vehicle that had originally spotted the team. Maybe they have some sort of telepathic bond going. smile.gif

What I meant by the tanks having an acceptable system, is due to their turret speed, although I have witnesses my own Shermans go from target to target with borg-like efficiency.

A simple system of delay based on unit quality would be nice, i.e. Regular units spot something, it would take them X seconds to fire and X seconds to retarget.

Gyrene