LST arrives home

LST 325 arrived in Mobile Ala. on schedule today, all hands safe. Man that ship looks like something out of the "holligan" navy. The bottom looked like if someone dropped a wrench from the top opening of the well deck it would go through the hull. Thank God they had fairly good weather.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

When I read about this on CNN's website, they made it sound like a bunch of senile old men were sailing off to their deaths in a ship that wouldn't even make it out of the Med, much less the harbor.

I work with two formal Navy men and when I showed them the article they both said that they would sail with them anyday, in any weather, on any craft they wanted to sail.

Guess this speaks volumes on the stuff our veterans are made of.

------------------

The only thing worse than fighting with allies is fighting without them. - Churchill

Alright,

I've been following their journey on NPR.

It's tough old birds from that generation that won the war, and apparently they just keep getting tougher.

I understand the youngest member of the crew was 67?!?

Clubfoot.

[This message has been edited by Clubfoot (edited 01-11-2001).]

from the article vcents linked:

"We don't think these young guys would have made it because they have all this computerized stuff that runs their ships and we don't have any of that," he said. "We feel that they would really have had problems. It took us old guys to bring it back."

hmmm....maybe I should give them my double-boot triple-crash AMD rig to fix it??