Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Nationalities in CM2

Okay, I know I'm completely dense and repeat questions are annoying, but I don't remember seeing an answer to this.

Actually, people admitting that they are asking annoying questions are annoying in themselves, huh?

ANYHOW talking about converting Sl and Cross of Iron sceanrios had me wistfully remembering playing with Axis Minor (specifically Rumanians) in one of the COI scenarios.

Has there been a definite decision as to which nationalities will be modelled in CM2? Aside from the obvious Germans and Russians, who else will be included?

I've heard rumours of Finns, but what about

Italians

Rumanians

Bulgarians

Hungarians

Those would be the major ones. You could lump them together as "Axis Minors" but what kind of sound files would you have?

I guess I'd be fooling myself if I thought that other Axis foreign legions such as

French

Belgian

Spanish

Dutch

Norwegian

Danish

were represented, speaking their mother tongues?

Actually, I am sure some enterprising mod artist will take the French sound files from CM and make some nice scenarios featuing the Charlemagne Division, right?

And there was the fez-clad Handschar, the Estonians, Lithuanians, Latvians,....

I've heard rumours of Finns, but what about

Italians

Rumanians

Bulgarians

Hungarians

Those would be the major ones. You could lump them together as "Axis Minors" but what kind of sound files would you have?

I guess I'd be fooling myself if I thought that other Axis foreign legions such as

French

Belgian

Spanish

Dutch

Norwegian

Danish

Michael,

IMHO BTS should combine nationalties like they did in CM 1 (Yanks+Canadians for example).

The French and Belgians could share sound files, as could Danes and Norweigians (only if speaking German).

Obviously BTS would want to fit the game on one CD and cut out unnecessary work.

Well, I wasn't totally serious about the foreign legions, but I would like to see Axis Minors included - if for completeness if nothing else. Would be great to see Cross of Iron scenarios translated into CM; I still fondly remember playing the one with the Rumanians included.

I wonder what the SS uniforms will look like in CM2. I don't even want to ask - it will be nice to be surprised by some of this stuff once I get the CD into my computer.

Originally posted by M. Bates:

Michael,

The French and Belgians could share sound files, as could Danes and Norweigians (only if speaking German).

Not exactly. There are two parts of Belgium: the Dutch-speaking side, and the French-speaking side. I think they all had separte divisions ( or regiments, or something) So, you should combine Dutch and French together. Or put Dutch/flemish and french/(er, what's the english for this) 'wallons', in French I think.

I'm no hero in other languages smile.gif