Combat1 update...

Guest Rob/1

If there's something you don't like about Rob's site (or anyone else's for that matter) then don't just bitch, complain or make fun of it; be constructive. It really annoy's me when people do that. If there's something that Rob forgot to do or include, then tell him. Explain it to him and help him learn.

Guest Rob/1

ok Page updated. The words are smaller now. My Friend who lives a block away was saying that he could see the words on my screen from his house.

------------------

Combat1index

Guest Rob/1

Originally posted by crumply:

rob/1, your enthusiasim really is admirable, but i think people might be a little frightened to install it.

why would that be?

Rob, I think because people don't know what your mod is, they're probably afraid of what the Zip file might contain. I imagine they're worried about viruses and trojans. One of the many wonderful benefits of using Windows.

Maybe you could give a brief list or description of what is included in the Zip file; maybe which bitmaps you've changed. So if people know it's an interface mod, they might download it and try it.

Originally posted by Rob/1:

They work just fine on my computer( A Mac ) I have no idea if it works on a P.C. my tester had said nuthing to me so I can only guess.

Heya Rob, I, as a PC user "tested" them. None of the BMP's are visible, nor is the word file readable. So there absolutely is a problem for PC users. You might want to look into that.

Guest Rob/1

Originally posted by Juju:

Heya Rob, I, as a PC user "tested" them. None of the BMP's are visible, nor is the word file readable. So there absolutely is a problem for PC users. You might want to look into that.

Hum...thats a problem. The program I uesd converted them to P.C BMP hum. I will see what I can do about it...after all this is only Beta...

Well judging by the screenshot in the first post, I don't think I'll be wanting my game to look like something from the Looney Toons.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Hum...thats a problem. The program I uesd converted them to P.C BMP hum. I will see what I can do about it...after all this is only Beta...

A suggestion... save that readme as a plain text file next time. The file format wasn't a problem for me (or most Windows users, I think it should be usable by wordpad so any windows machine should be able to use it... but without an extension it's impossible to guess what format it's in), but until you told me the app and I then added the correct extension, I couldn't just launch it...

I did. Dose it need some ending thing like cmb for P.Cs to kow what it is?

YEah... it needs a .doc for a word document... But it's not a plain text file right now as I opened it ina text viewer and it's just a unhc of hash marks... And it did work with formatting intact with when I looked at it in Word... but like I said, until you told me that I didn't know what to open it with since a text editor coudln't see anything.

Guest Rob/1

Originally posted by Maximus:

Well judging by the screenshot in the first post, I don't think I'll be wanting my game to look like something from the Looney Toons.

Note to Max its a beta its not done yet...