OT: The Nu Forum -- initial impressions

Hey, my pre-filled URL led me wrongly to the old board so I left most of the actions until last nite, thanks SuperTed. smile.gif

And as of 0630GMT today, I am witnessing MadMatt modifying the look-n-feel of the Forum and well, it is quite okay now.

Also, there is a lot of friendly features and less cookies to cater with. Nice!

But I am not sure if it is the new UBB or not for the "Search Functions" pose me 2 problems:

1. Search by "member number" instead of "username". This is kinda problematic cause how should I know and remember the memboer number of say, Jason Calwey? Arrgh!

2. In the old Search, I can read a search result and use "back" button to see the search results. Now, you have to "refresh" or "reload" (well, depending on which browser you are using) the search result screen which indeed is to search all over again.

Griffin.

Oh, another noticable change is each thread is no longer a seperate HTML file but rather a CGI-generated output from a query (Perl script querying database?) I think we can still bookmark the threads but it is slower than straight HTML. NBD. Let's see when the Search function returns back to the old form.

Griffin.