Another Panzer IV mod

OK, Tiger, so you probably tire of people gushing admiration and praise...so what? Here's my ADMIRATION AND PRAISE for your many wonderful mods. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! Nyaa, Nyaa...Yer mommy wears combat boots.

(This little kudo for Tiger is suitably dolled up in pseudo-flame style currently in vogue) :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Tiger,

Actually my whole nitpicking comes from that I guess I'm spoiled with Marco's mods, so that's where I get my cinicism. Basically I took note on how many mods you do and the frequency that you do them. For example a little while ago, it seemed like Manx had a new mod from you about every other day. Yes the paint jobs were interesting, but the detail was kinda laxidasical (sp?). Meaning that they they could have been better if you had spent a little more time on them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you are reading this Tiger: NEVER darken the forum's doorstep with your shoddy, unfinished mods UNLESS they are perfect. smile.gif;)smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M. Bates:

I hope you are reading this Tiger: NEVER darken the forum's doorstep with your shoddy, unfinished mods UNLESS they are perfect. smile.gif;)smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what's wrong with wanting perfection? ;)tongue.gif

Actually now that I think about it, the pixelation that Tiger speaks of may be a result of him messing around with the dpi as he's doing the mods. If you notice, no texture in CM has a stock dpi greater than 72. Why? Because that is the deepest dpi that a screen can display an image at anyway. So as he changes the dpi back and forth, the pixels may get a bit contorted if you will. Because out of all the resizing that I or anyone else does with the bitmaps, there never seems to be as much pixilation in their mods as there is in Tiger's. You see where I'm coming from, Tiger? Just leave the dpi as it is and just change the dimensions.

I think what is happening is that when you increase the dpi, and that CM will display the same size of image on the 3D model no matter what the dimensions are. The increased dpi actually blurs (pixelates) the image.

I sincerely believe that this is the cause of the pixelation around the road wheels especially. Because again, no one else increases the dpi and they don't get this amount of pixelation that you seem to be getting.

So try this. Because as you may know that increasing the dimensions of the image, you are in fact adding pixels. So when the game shrinks them to fit the model, it is in fact making a sharper image in the same way a small TV has a sharper picture than a larger one.

[ 04-22-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]