What shape is 'target wide' ?

Last time I checked (haven't done my test for 1.12 but I haven't noticed any changes in games played), it worked like this:

The regular "target" command makes an elliptical pattern typically 100m x 50m for arty and slightly bigger for mortars.

The "target wide" command makes a circular pattern typically 150-170m in diameter for arty and closer to 200m for mortars.

Rockets don't have a "target wide" option but always fire in a circular pattern about 700m in diameter.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

Originally posted by Bullethead:

Rockets don't have a "target wide" option but always fire in a circular pattern about 700m in diameter.

Or 2000m in the case of 300mm as my poor poor poor poor troops found out before they we blasted to smithereens tongue.gif

------------------

Charlie don't Surf

shadow@jagdtiger.de

http://www.orbitonline.ca/~Shadow/index.html

Or 2000m in the case of 300mm

Hmm, that would be a big change. Guess I'll have to go back and test the impact patterns again.

OTOH, did your rocket FO have an LOS to the target point? If the FO has no LOS, not only does he take about twice as long as normal to get the fire falling, but there are a few stray shots well outside the normal pattern (which is ridiculous but that's beside the present point). So if you didn't have an LOS, then maybe you had the bad luck to be tagged by one of these stray rounds.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.