(Very) Soon : Feldgrau Uniform

Very nice Scipio. They are different from the regular grey uniforms I've seen. Did they really use green uniforms like this or did you just want them to be different? Don't get me wrong I think different is good but just wondering for my own information. :confused:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Very nice Scipio. They are different from the regular grey uniforms I've seen. Did they really use green uniforms like this or did you just want them to be different? Don't get me wrong I think different is good but just wondering for my own information. :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Similar to the camo smocks, it seems there wasn't an 'absolute' fieldgrey. The shades reaches from grey to a bright green and brown, depending on the factory, year and whatever else. Look the pics. I decided to take a green variant.

heerm43.jpg

Heer.jpg

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]

I have a repro Waffen SS Hauptsturmfuhrer M36 jacket-conversion, infantry-Deutschland Regiment. It is definitely a more grey-green color however not as green as the below photo. The mod is a welcome variation though.

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Commissar ]

For added reference on feldgrau "variations":

FeldGrau-Revisedtn.JPG

These are the standard CM uniform textures, though with a green-gray tint (an earlier version was even more greenish), available at CM HQ's 3rd Party mods. Guidance was the recent Osprey "German Army 1939-45" series.

In the war's last year, there certainly were quite a few variations (detectable even in black & white photos). I've read of "reed green" being another German uniform color, but don't know the nature of its appearance.

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Spook ]

OK, well here's my stab at this Feldgrau thing.

Trying to achieve this look:

heerm43.jpg

I have taken Andrew Fox's excellent hi-res Heer uniform and done this:

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=51667193&Sequence=0&res=high

and while I was at it, I whipped up a winter version as well including mittens!

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=51667198&Sequence=0&res=high

IMHO, this color is about as close as you're gonna get to the above "live" picture.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Sir,

Ahhhh... Max..... weres the pics?

I'm getting this photo point unavalible thing..... :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. I don't know what the deal is. They were there on the site when I copied the URL, I have no idea why they aren't displaying here. Might be a PhotoPoint problem or service that they no longer support.