Yes, it's TRULY a great day for Motor Car Racing!

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! AT NASCAR CHAMPIONSHIP SPEEDWAY! THE LONG AWAITED JEEP VERSUS KUBELWAGEN SHOWDOWN! SEE THOSE KRAZY KUBELWAGENS KAREENING AROUND THE BENDS AT SPEEDS OF UP TO 55 MILES AN HOUR!

IT'S CALLED MONSTER ARMYTRUCK MADNESS AND IT'S A CM 'SCENARIO'! AVAILABLE NOW, SO YOU TOO CAN RACE WITH THE PROS! CHECK OUT THE MEGA TOUGH ACTION SCREENS AT MY SITE!

LINK UNDER MY NAME! BE THERE OR BE SQUAAAAARE!

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

hahahahah (cough hack wheeze) hahaha...dang my cough...

hey how come the kubelwagons get the inside track? the trucks and halftracks are mixed but not the jeeps and kubels. not very fair...=)

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 02-04-2001).]

Well, I can't believe this didn't stir up something! Nobody yelled at me for using all caps! Nobody called it a black day for wargaming! What's worse, nobody laughed!

I'm giving y'all another chance. I've done a Demo (save game) now, and all you have to do is load it up and keep hitting GO. And to ice the deal I'm gonna try to post a couple screenies.

(edit) Can't get the screens to work... maybe it's just as well, don't wanna shock anybody...

------------------

DeanCo--

[This message has been edited by deanco (edited 02-04-2001).]

hey deanco, i think you need to include %20 between "nascar and racing" in the image location like so(press edit icon to see what i mean)...

start.jpg

------------------

russellmz,

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

hey deanco, you know what version 1.2 chould have? A CROWD! yes a crowd of indigients and FO's who would have 0 ammo and just cheer their team on a la wwi christmas morning to push your scenario from cool to tre' cool.

crowd.jpg

------------------

russellmz,

Ha ha ha! That is pretty darn creative if nothing else.

I ran the race but unfortunately none of the vehicles made it to the finish line. The race was finally decided in a fist fight at the local bar, the "Pit Stop Saloon," between the pit crews. The Americans won a tactical victory by showing up late. The Germans by then had become quite drunk and couldn't fight worth a damn.

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

russellmz,

I wanted to do that, but I figured framerate would suffer... I would want 100's of guys in the infield watching!! smile.gif Also, I wanted to get it out quick before the inspiration became stale!

Tell you what, I will release the source code to you and you can do what you want with it, OK?? smile.gif

------------------

DeanCo--

Truly, you have too much time on your hands...

I finally got a Kubelwagon to finish - and in a blend of Rollerball and Car Wars, this is surprising.

So, when is LeMans coming out?

------------------

my armoured assets have about the half-life of a gnat in DDT

- Germanboy

So far every time I've run it it's been a little bit different. I especially like it when the entire field gets wiped out just as they're getting going. But I've also had a lot of races where guys finished, and even some close, dramatic finishes!

I experimented with putting mortars in too, but they were too ineffective. If the player wanted to Area Target them it would add to the 'gameplay', I guess. smile.gifSame with 'arming' the competitors (I tried putting HT's etc). More bullets fired, sure, but nobody finishes. So finally I just left it simple.

Doing the roadrace course: Nope. Too much work for a negligible gain in the Laugh Factor. I'm starting to sound like BTS here. smile.gif

Thanks to the original poster of 'It's a great day for Motor Car Racing' for the phrase which inspired me to whip this out while it was still funny to me.

------------------

DeanCo--

HAHA,

Thats some funny stuff! I am now a total race fan along with all the other NASCAR fans in this country. There are some side effects though. I have lost my two front teeth and I am not a kid. My IQ has dropped about 50 points and I wear these things called bib overalls. I have an aversion to work and my sisters keep comin on to me... smile.gif

Pedro