Strangely Immobilized

Hey Guys,

I've had this happen to me twice now while running BETA build 24. While my Sherman was moving "fast" on dry ground, it got bogged down and immobilized about one second later (if that long). It immobilized so fast after bogging it was like hitting a mine. At first I thought "HEY I've got good ground conditions here, but crap happens I guess". This happened again with an Humber armored car, but it was in snow so that was fine with me. The thing that catches my attention is how fast they immobilized after bogging down (its nearly instant). I'm not saying this is a bug at all. Its just that I've been playing C.M. for a while under version 1.05, and have never seen it until build 24. I can understand in the snow, but on dry ground? Is the game simulating my tank hitting a bad spot and throwing a track? Oh well, I've just never seen this before and would like to see what you all think.

Thanks,

Head

------------------

"No man ever won a war by dieing for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton, Jr.

I do know that b24 was modified because vehicles were invulnerable to bogging or hitting mines while reversing. This may have had knock-on effects. However, if immobilisation always occurs this quickly, there may be a problem.

Shadow 1st Hussars wrote:

> YOU STOLE MY SIGNATURE!!

You both stole it from Patton, but at least Head said so.

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

YOU STOLE MY SIGNATURE!!

I'll have you know that I've never even notice one of you post until now. I didn't steal CRAP! Oh and how ODD it is to see two people quoting Patton for their signature in a Combat Mission forum! Why you even replied without touching the topic above is beyond me.

PISS OFF,

Head

PS I hope this doesn't cause the thread to be locked, but I couldn't help it. What a bastard......

------------------

"No man ever won a war by dieing for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton, Jr.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Head Mahone:

Hey Guys,

I've had this happen to me twice now while running BETA build 24. While my Sherman was moving "fast" on dry ground, it got bogged down and immobilized about one second later (if that long). It immobilized so fast after bogging it was like hitting a mine. At first I thought "HEY I've got good ground conditions here, but crap happens I guess". This happened again with an Humber armored car, but it was in snow so that was fine with me. The thing that catches my attention is how fast they immobilized after bogging down (its nearly instant). I'm not saying this is a bug at all. Its just that I've been playing C.M. for a while under version 1.05, and have never seen it until build 24. I can understand in the snow, but on dry ground? Is the game simulating my tank hitting a bad spot and throwing a track? Oh well, I've just never seen this before and would like to see what you all think.

Thanks,

Head

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beleve it was a bug that was fix or try to be fixed becese vehicals where't bogging down very much at all in 1.05 thats why it seem strange.And by they way I have have learnd when you say something mean Matt emails you woch out!

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 01-02-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Head Mahone:

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

YOU STOLE MY SIGNATURE!!

I'll have you know that I've never even notice one of you post until now. I didn't steal CRAP! Oh and how ODD it is to see two people quoting Patton for their signature in a Combat Mission forum! Why you even replied without touching the topic above is beyond me.

PISS OFF,

Head

PS I hope this doesn't cause the thread to be locked, but I couldn't help it. What a bastard......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeesh, calm down, take a pill. rolleyes.gif This topic has been discussed recently do a search. It's a couple of pages back.

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.